so i've started doing some tapping, and i've noticed a ringing from some of the open strings, or from the strig i'm tapping with, like it's coming from the other side of the string. is there something you can attach to your guitar to mute all, in my case, seven strings. i need something about two inches wide. thanks in advance!
scunchy i think they're called
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
i tried that, it puts two much pressure on the outside strings, makes it go up a fret, and not enough on the middle strings so they ring open.
Quote by nowa90
scunchy i think they're called

Yeah, the fuzzy kind, not sure if the Klean-Axe String Dampeners are still being sold or if they have a 7-string model.
i play on a Schecter Diamond seven, and it has a neck thats larger than most sevens, around the size and width of a eight.
hair tie? good trick pal!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
any other ideas? i'm tempted to just make a dampening thing with some wood, foam, and i hair tie. i'd rather not though.