Okay, so I'm trying to record my guitar that's plugged first plugged into a distortion pedal, then into my amp, and then into the computer. When I press record and play something, It will record and sound fine, but is there a way to hear what I'm playing as I play it? I could do this when I was wasn't using my distortion pedal, like using my computer as an amp.
first, you might wana go plug guitar->pedal->amp->computer do have a pre out or emu out or any input like tat?
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

Quote by BelowZero
first, you might wana go plug guitar->pedal->amp->computer do have a pre out or emu out or any input like tat?

I'm not sure what you're talking about, this is my first attempt at doing this. But yes, guitar->pedal->amp->computer is how I have it set up.
Look for preferences or options (under Edit I believe). There's a way to switch on being able to hear a track as you record it, and also one to play back other tracks as you record.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Unless you have a really good processor and sound card, though, there'll be some mad delay in your guitar coming through. You have to run it through a DI box or signal processor to get it moving right. Also help your guitar sound better!
I don't know how to do what you're asking, but recording and playing back tracks at the same time wreaks havoc on the program. It skips around and stuff and parts are out time
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!