Dang, something I'd been thinking about is already in the works. This startup is making a guitar hero controller that's the real thing.

That had been bouncing around in my brain for a month or so now. I have to admit, I find Guitar Hero to be one of the most, well, to be honest, one of the most boring fracken games out there. I mean, you're tapping your finger for Cthulu's sake. I just don't get it. Give me GTA IV or Resident Evil any day.

OTOH, if I could use a real guitar, with real strings and such, specially if it had a real learner's mode, I'd spend the $250 for the controller.

So what do y'all think?
Last edited by Snotnose at Mar 6, 2009,
there are a couple of games being developed, one of which is at www.guitarrising.com that use a real guitar and show animated tab, but i heardthey've had some problems with it recognising more than one note.

there's also a very similar thing being released by disney [lame] but i can't remember what it's called
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
if people can make custom songs for guitar hero...
imagine the possibilities...

EDIT: especially co-op
i could see orion co-op, how would they tab out bends?!
this technology could be the same breakthrough of polyphonic detection like in melodyne.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
Last edited by Josher.K at Mar 6, 2009,
Eh, I am fine with my SG and my Marshall JCM, I don't really care about a video game.

It would be cheaper and better for a person to just buy a Squier Starter Pack if they wanted to actually play guitar.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by tmfiore
Eh, I am fine with my SG and my Marshall JCM, I don't really care about a video game.

It would be cheaper and better for a person to just buy a Squier Starter Pack if they wanted to actually play guitar.

it would be cheaper to pirate the game and play it with your own guitar
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
Dang, had to start dinner just as I was ready to post. So no proofreading. But I could edit it, and only 2-3 people will ever know.

Anyhoo. The whole point is, if they can jack their guitar into Guitar Hero, then practice just got a whole lot more fun. Not to mention, they're pretty danged close to plugging any guitar into a computer and helping the player get better.

Now, just think of the ramifications of that. Remember 20 years ago, when keyboards were suddenly music machines? Remember 19 years ago, when little 3 piece bands started to disappear and 1 guy with a fancy ass keyboard took their place? It was nowhere near as good, but it was good enough. At least to the bar owner, who prolly paid 1/3 the money for entertainment and still got 90% of his income.

Think of that same effect applied to the "learn guitar" meme.
I think it could be a good laugh.

Personally, I think an quiet evening in playing Guitar Hero with some beers and friends is a great laugh. Obviously its nothing like playing the real thing (I'm crap at the real thing but pretty decent at GH) but I think something like this could make playing the game insanely fun.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Guitar Hero with the real guitar as a controller is actually playing along with guitar pro, just the program doesn't count your mistakes. Using a real guitar would require the same amount of technical skills to play it. Meaning, you'd have to spend hours and hours practicing. Meaning, it's pointless. Meaning, there is already such a thing, and it's called, as I've said, guitar pro.
Fretlight
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Why try to fix something that is not broken?

I don't like this idea. I like the fact not everybody plays guitar.
PSN name = Barmanation