I don't really know how old this is, I guess it's just a bunch 7" single's a splits where a bunch of bands cover their influences and Mitch Clem is doing his interpretation of the album artwork for the covers. It's really cool, I especially like Andrew Jackson Jihad's cover of Two Headed Boy. Thoughts on this series?

http://www.vinylcollective.com/under-the-influence-series/
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Mar 6, 2009,
I'd be interested to hear the "Tuesday Morning" cover cuz it's basically my favorite song...

Am I supposed to have heard of Whiskey & Co?
I've honestly never heard another song by Whiskey & Co.
oh man i wish i wasnt poor...but i think i have something to work for now. Great find!
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
I heard about this. I def. want to check it out, I own the Ergs!/Bottlerocket split with those two on it, and its excellent.

The Mustard Plug cover cracks me up.
There's one coming up soon with Off With Their Heads covering the Nobodys (blegh), and Lemuria covering the Pixies. Should be sweet.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Wow. Is pop punk really that unoriginal that they even have to recycle album covers?
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Wow. Is pop punk really that unoriginal that they even have to recycle album covers?
You realize that bands in every genre of music sound similar right? All crust bands sound a lot alike, all street punk bands sound a lot alike, and all pop punk bands sound a lot alike.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
You realize that bands in every genre of music sound similar right? All crust bands sound a lot alike, all street punk bands sound a lot alike, and all pop punk bands sound a lot alike.

i don't think he said anything about sound...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Okay I'll rephrase--Pop punk is as unoriginal as every other genre of punk/music.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Leonheart
GOD DAMNIT.

Also, I much prefer the original.

Haha, I think it sounds good

I prefer the original, but it's a cool take on it, call me a hipster as much as you want.

Quote by element4433
Okay I'll rephrase--Pop punk is as unoriginal as every other genre of punk/music.

Agreed, I thought the album cover thing was a cool idea. I mean if they're going to cover the song why come up with new album art rather than just spinning the old one?
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Mar 7, 2009,
I picked up the Mustard Plug and BMTI vinyl. Artwork, Covers, and the clear/paint splattered record are all worth the few bucks. I keep meaning to invest in more of the series.
Originally posted by Viciousxp
GRRR.. im so mad at society.

grow up, society supports you, the guitar you bought, and the internet you're posting on.
I think I am going to write a song about how pop punk is taking over, and making everything soft
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by mike2
I think I am going to write a song about how pop punk is taking over, and making everything soft

Everything except my penis. *-)

I'll probably pick up the Ergs!/Teenage Bottlerocket split, and the Lemuria/Off With Their Heads one when that comes out, because I don't see how Lemuria covering the Pixies could not sound awesome.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Everything except my penis. *-)

I'll probably pick up the Ergs!/Teenage Bottlerocket split, and the Lemuria/Off With Their Heads one when that comes out, because I don't see how Lemuria covering the Pixies could not sound awesome.
It's on their Myspace, and yes it is awesome.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Lemuria covering pixies, Awesome! What are off with their heads covering?
Quote by element4433
It's on their Myspace, and yes it is awesome.

Well, sorry I don't check MySpace all the time.
Quote by kaptink
Lemuria covering pixies, Awesome! What are off with their heads covering?

The Nobodys.
brnh.bandcamp.com