ok i got this show tommorow and im not going to lie, its small, no more than 100 kids. but im so ****ing nervous for a few reasons. 1) its my first show in a while and my first show with this band. 2) its my first show at lead vocals and i still have to play lead guitar. 3) were playing some material live for the first time. 4) something i can not explain, maby a fear of sucking really bad or someone telling me "wow, you REALLY suck, go home and die". i know that is an unlikly senario but can someone just give a few answers to help please? thanks
HiMyNameIsMatt
Practice. ALOT. And make sure you can sing and play at the same time.
Quote by U-neek
Now that is an epic win right there!!!!

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
PSN: Livewire410
You could kill off a few dozen of the concert-goers to make yourself less nervous.

Or more nervous if you're paranoid about cops and whatnot.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Dont over think it, I remember being super nervous first time i played in front of a live group. just dont get scared.....they smell fear
Quote by hide_the_beer
"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

crazy?

Quote by hide_the_beer
Aw man. Out of context! People are going to think I'm crazy.

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

nope
Well, do what most artists do, drugs. Hahaha. Really though, a drink or two before the show might calm your nerves. And you just gotta be confident. The show isn't going to be very good if you aren't confident that it is. I'd play all day today and tomorrow to make sure you guys are ready. Having fun with it is the key.
I always get nervous when it comes time to solo and usually feck everything up pretty good. But really, just relax as much as you can before the show. Meditation helps, too (I don't do it enough for me to be relaxed for solos, but if you do it long enough it really does help).

Good luck!
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
i'm one of those lucky people that don't get nervous.... anymore. i see the crowd, but it doesn't bother me. they came to see me, or whatever group i'm in, and i figure if there disappointed, then their the idiots who wasted there money. we're not machines, therefore screwing up and being nervous are natural, after this show you won't be as nervous next time, and you'll continue to be less and less nervous as time goes by. The first show is always the hardest.
Quote by ^-^
i'm one of those lucky people that don't get nervous.... anymore. i see the crowd, but it doesn't bother me. they came to see me, or whatever group i'm in, and i figure if there disappointed, then their the idiots who wasted there money.

Keep that up and you'll turn into Dragonforce
have no fear my friend, for I shall give you courage!
MY BAND!!!

Quote by floppypick
Well, I'm all out of ideas, except for one. dress up as a squirrel of the opposite sex and try to seduce it. Over the years of mating you and the squirrel will form a species or human squirrel hybrids and be able to take over the world!