Page 1 of 2
From the guys who brought you ACID WITCH, HORRIFIC combine the elements of death metal, doom metal, and punk into one pot of transcendental deliciousness.

Shame they only have one track up on their Myspace...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=431346631
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Last edited by linfield4466 at May 20, 2009,
Don't you always say you hate screaming or growling? Why would you comment on this?

Reminds me of a thrashier Abscess with cleaner production values.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Pretty much, but it was on the front page.

I'm hoping one day to find a thread in the metal forum that presents a band with a relative amount of talent.
I'm not too much a fan of the song on their myspace, but it's the only song I can find.

In all honesty, I just took an Acid Witch blog from their myspace and copy/pasted it
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

That would be 99% of the front page. If harsh vocals = talentless in your books, just leave. It'll be for your sake anyways.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
That's not what I said. "harsh" vocals doesn't equal no talent, it means you have a singer whose a douche bag, band members that put up with it and fans that are obviously deaf.
Quote by silversoulcage
That's not what I said. "harsh" vocals doesn't equal no talent, it means you have a singer whose a douche bag, band members that put up with it and fans that are obviously deaf.

You're like an ANUSite with opposite views.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by silversoulcage

Go listen to your indie music dick. Chuck Shuldiner used harsh vocals and he was the farthest thing from a douche bag.
Good taste linfield. Not as good as Acid Witch or Hooded Menace, but a good listen every now and then.

Silversoulcage is easy enough to ignore.
Yeah I'm honestly way past the point where I feel the need to explain to every idiot saying dumb shit why the shit they're saying is dumb. If they're dumb enough to believe it they're probably too dumb to really comprehend what I'm saying. The world is just colors and shapes to you people. Colors and shapes without any greater significance or relevance.

Why do people with dumb opinions always argue with you like "WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME AN IDIOT INSTEAD OF TELLING ME WHY I'M AN IDIOT" and it's like, well I can only waste so much time...
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Yea, because I listen to indie....

I just think "screamo" is ridiculous. This whole movement is worse than the grunge movement. At least with grunge there's a good band every now and then.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Good taste linfield. Not as good as Acid Witch or Hooded Menace, but a good listen every now and then.

Yeah I'm honestly way past the point where I feel the need to explain to every idiot saying dumb shit why the shit they're saying is dumb. If they're dumb enough to believe it they're probably too dumb to really comprehend what I'm saying. The world is just colors and shapes to you people. Colors and shapes without any greater significance or relevance.

Why do people with dumb opinions always argue with you like "WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME AN IDIOT INSTEAD OF TELLING ME WHY I'M AN IDIOT" and it's like, well I can only waste so much time...

Agreed, but it definitely has potential.

I'm really hoping that this faggot doesn't turn my innocent thread into a fruitless rant fest.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Oh it will.

I'm so sorry.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by silversoulcage

I just think "screamo" is ridiculous. This whole movement is worse than the grunge movement. At least with grunge there's a good band every now and then.

It's not scremo. Scremo takes elements of Pop-Punk and mixes it with emo and incorporates screaming. The band in the TS post has more of an edge and has more in common with heavy metal/Death Metal.
Quote by VampireGoldfish

You're obviously the one with a lack of intelligence if you see some kind of point in this entire genre of music. It's so lacking in every aspect of what makes good "rock an roll". The vocals are absolutely absurd, I honestly can't believe more and more people ****ing listen to this ****. It's absolutely outrageous, I'm ashamed to be a part of a generation that is empowering this nonsense.
Quote by silversoulcage
You're obviously the one with a lack of intelligence if you see some kind of point in this entire genre of music. It's so lacking in every aspect of what makes good "rock an roll". The vocals are absolutely absurd, I honestly can't believe more and more people ****ing listen to this ****. It's absolutely outrageous, I'm ashamed to be a part of a generation that is empowering this nonsense.

Cool, we obviously don't give a shit, so please quit.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Quote by neozeke
It's not scremo. Scremo takes elements of Pop-Punk and mixes it with emo and incorporates screaming. The band in the TS post has more of an edge and has more in common with heavy metal/Death Metal.

That's what I'm talking about right there. That elitist "no no, we're different" attitude that every ****ing band has.

TS I'll leave you're ****ing thread. But every single one of you are ****ing morons.
Please redirect your intellect into a collectively more productive activity. Such as trimming your nose hairs or cannabilising a neighbor.

Quote by eggsandham2
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Mar 6, 2009,
Quote by silversoulcage
That's what I'm talking about right there. That elitist "no no, we're different" attitude that every ****ing band has.

TS I'll leave you're ****ing thread. But every single one of you are ****ing morons.

.........God you're retarded.
Quote by silversoulcage

...trying..to..hold....back.....the faggotry...too.....immense....can't...resist...
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

I want Acid Witch to play live again soon, I just found out that a good friend of mine who owns a record store knows them personally, and I guess they live not too far from here.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

That's awesome. If they play well live their music has a potential too sound damn good and atmospheric in a nice venue.

Where do you live?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I live in the outskirts of Lansing, Michigan. Acid Witch dwell somewhere in the shady pits of Detroit, but they've played at a local bar here many times, and I missed ALL of them. God, I miss way too many good bands here, including Wolves in the Throne Room and Disfear.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Quote by linfield4466
...trying..to..hold....back.....the faggotry...too.....immense....can't...resist...

This is my reaction to everything that brainless **** posts.

Anyways, I've absolutely loved Acid Witch since the first time I heard them, I'll be checking this out later.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
I find Acid Witch entertaining, so no doubt I'll love this one. Cool find, even if that particular song isn't that good.

I'll be pursuing further later on.
Philosophy > Life
I'm not even sure if this band has any full lengths or anything out there. Like I said, I posted this without even hearing them.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Quote by linfield4466

I want Acid Witch to play live again soon, I just found out that a good friend of mine who owns a record store knows them personally, and I guess they live not too far from here.

Dave said they probably won't do any shows on account of the distance between members. Unless Lasse comes stateside, it sadly won't happen.
Acid Witch are a bit more promising than Horrific, IMO. Doesn't mean they're bad, though. I need to hear more material, really. As you said; it's a shame they only have one track on their myspace.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Bumpity bump.

Your Worst Nightmare is quite excellent, I thought.

If I was them I'd be pretty pissed at how everyone just starts talking about Acid Witch instead whenever they get mentioned
silversoulcage is so dumb it makes my brain hurt....
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by Vermintide
Bumpity bump.

Your Worst Nightmare is quite excellent, I thought.

If I was them I'd be pretty pissed at how everyone just starts talking about Acid Witch instead whenever they get mentioned

Yeah,

But in all honestly, Acid Witch kick the nuts out of these guys.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Quote by linfield4466
Cool, we obviously don't give a shit, so please quit.

That totally rhymes.

Anyways, they're alright (vocals surprised me on Metal Cemetary), but i've only just started getting into any psychedelic/stoner form of music
If you haven't tried Acid Witch yet, do so immediately.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

I listened to the album in entirety, I must say I REALLY enjoyed it. Not quite as amazing as Acid Witch, but it's ridiculously fun and entertaining.

The influences are very obvious. If the guys from Demon played death metal, it'd sound exactly like Your Worst Nightmare. The first half of metal cemetery sounds like it came off of Taking the World by Storm.

The only major problem with the album as a whole is the near 12 minutes of silence in the last track. It's completely unneeded.
Hell yeah I know what you mean about the 12 minute bull****, I mean they could have just ended the ****ing album by then.\

EDIT: So yeah, after I made this thread I downloaded the album onto my ipod a while back, it's pretty solid from start to (almost) finish. My favorites are probably Death Rock and Orgy of the Blood Parasites.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Last edited by linfield4466 at Apr 29, 2009,
He, not they. It's one individual

The introduction is hilarious, fits the music perfectly.
Haha I always refer to bands as an entity, always being "they"
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Quote by silversoulcage
It's absolutely outrageous, I'm ashamed to be a part of a generation that is empowering this nonsense.

There is an easy solution to your quandry: kill yourself. I'm told it's surprisingly easy.

Also, aren't you a Slipknot fan?
Page 1 of 2