ok well i have a spending limit of 600 dollars and im looking to buy a nice guitar... i went to gc today and saw many different options.. my main picks were a gibson sg used for 550, fender strat for 600, and epi les paul for 550.. Im a pretty new guitar player, only been playing for a month but im into most classic rock bands and want to play acdc,gnr,aerosmith and so on... please help me choose the guitar that would fit my playing style the best and pros and cons about it thx
Sg
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
definately Definately DEFINATELY the SG.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
AC/DC - SG
Gn'R - Les Paul
Aerosmith - Les Paul

To be honest you can't go wrong with any of them. Just because it's a Gibson doesn't mean it'll be quality though (my friend's SG was a piece of ****, with funny-feeling frets. Then again he treated it like **** too )
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Are you sure its a Gibson SG and not an Epiphone SG?
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by Faux~Affliction
Are you sure its a Gibson SG and not an Epiphone SG?

Ha, Gibson doesnt equal gold, they may have made some good guitars in the past but their production standards are slipping and you can get a better guitar for less money.
I would say the SG, it has great tone for what you want and is a bit more comfortable to play for a beginner.
Yes, you would be fine with that SG.

People just hate Gibson because of the price. If they are bad, then why do SO many people use them?

Once again, for the price that is a good SG, especially if you are buying used. Go with the SG.

If you can get that SG for that price, go for it!
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Last edited by tmfiore at Mar 7, 2009,
Go for the SG. Great Neck and humbuckers and lighter than most guitars. Great for bedroom playing and gigs.
ok thx guys and one last question.. is there any other guitar around the 600 dollar price range that would be better than the sg?
you can always check out craigs list and see what comes up. I'm all for buying used, but you have to figure that used sg at guitar center is probably only worth 400.
have you tried any of the guitars you're considering? I think your best bet would be to try each of the three, and see which one feels most comfortable to you, whichever one you like best. Good luck choosing between the three, hope you love whichever one you end up getting!