so i joined a band as the lead guitarist, unfortunatly, their lyrics are written by the lead singers father, so they sound like a 40 year old man wrote them, the other guitarist, the bassist, and the drummer, adn me were all discussing the fact that we are going to have to change that, and i am coming to the realization that it might have to be me that steps up to the plate, i suck at lyrics. im good at writing stories but when it comes to lyrics im stuck, the thing is i have no idea where to begin, ive been listening to a lot of Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins and i realized i love their lyrical style (even though im a metal head) and i want to go for something like that, but i just dont know even where to start, theres lots of things to write about i guess, my social akwardness, the hatred i have for so many people at my school, and outside it. i guess i could write about the ****ed up relationship im going through but that would be really cliche, or just about everything and nothing the way Cobain did.i just have no idea where or how to start
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Well my dad tells me just about everyday that the most popular songs are about boys and girls.
Soo maybe try some about your relationship, idk it may turn out good. I had an english teacher who always told us to write stories about white hot subjects and get completely worked up in them and express it through our writing.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
yeah but writing the most popular song is not exactly my aim. i just want to write something tha tworks i guess, i guess i could try
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Write a story, but without a lot of the necessary parts of story. Don't really put small stuff into it, "and then he said", just have dramatic changes, but make it easy to follow. Iduno, I'd say a 100 word short story or so should be good. Then you can even change the order of stuff around if it allows and pick a good part to be a chorus, if you need one.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
here it is so far, i know its corny as ****, but it will have to do for now

I! am never gonna face my self again
i know im at the back of the pen
and i will remain there for some time to come

You! Im fed up with your lies
im sick of runnign around,
just to find a place to die, and it wont end
{around here it changes key from A mixolydian to E aeolian}
a self taught pessemist
following my own destruction path
i dont give a **** about your problems
and i a'int here to make you laugh

{spoken} no ****in way man
{goes back to A myxo}

Still! never gonna face myself again
and i aint even go the time to spend
on your problems either

so tell me! what the hell am i supposed to do
how am i supposed to survive
when its love thats making me dead
and its hate thats keeping me 'live!!!!!!

{guitar solo}
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????