I want to get into Art and Painting, but i only have experience from school where i never took it forward. I want to start painting instruments or whatever really and get into more creative dali style stuff. should i concentrate on drawing first, and can anyone reccommend a tuition source?
doodle, as much as possible. come up with some stuff of the top of your head
Ralph Steadman is my favorite artist, bar none. Look up some of his ****. Anyways just draw what you see in your head. I do, and it works pretty well. Practice shading on already drawn black and white plain pictures, that also worked for me.
deffinately start with drawing first. learn how to draw with structure and form, it will help you the most in the long way, and will help you be as precise as possible. next i would start doing watercolor, because they can be easy to use and learn. after you get comfortable with drawing with structural line and shape begin working on canvas', a lot of people i know draw what they want lightly on the canvas before painting.
the most important thing to keep in mind is this will all take a very long time. art is not an over night thing, you will not learn it in a month, you probably wont get the hang of it and making solid pieces in 5month's. be patient mostly, and learn your principals and elements and focus on builiding good compositions.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Look for an Ultimate-Easel.com or something. lol Just kidding. But PBS has a good show you can watch.

You know, that guy with the bushy hair. Always mellow.
Quote by paranoideyes
introduce her to the back of your hand.
Quote by saphrax
Remember kids.
Backhand = Discipline
Palm hand = Abuse

Quote by Unrulyguitarist
Look for an Ultimate-Easel.com or something. lol Just kidding. But PBS has a good show you can watch.

that is deffinately not a good idea, i cant stand watching that show because that man has probably been painting for over 20 years. when you get a person that is just starting and is trying to compare their work to his, of course it will look like ****, thats why he spent 20 years practicing. the best thing to do is look at works of your peers, or go to local galleries and observe up and coming artists works, that is a more realistic goal to set your sights on.
Quote by illuminatiano

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by Unrulyguitarist

what is PBS
Draw from observation as much as you can. I go to art school for film, but freshman year here you need to take all kinds of unrelated courses, including drawing. I can't begin to tell you how much better my drawing got when I started using actual models rather than photos and imagination. Obviously you need imagination to make great work, but for working on your technique you should get friends to pose for you or set up still-life scenes.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by Unrulyguitarist

hahahahahaha his name is Bob Ross, hes like a genious with a palette knife

Yea but definately start drawing objects so you can get some idea with like form. Dali is really great. The Dada artists are also cool.
Quote by VoodooChild15
Draw from observation as much as you can. I go to art school for film, but freshman year here you need to take all kinds of unrelated courses, including drawing. I can't begin to tell you how much better my drawing got when I started using actual models rather than photos and imagination. Obviously you need imagination to make great work, but for working on your technique you should get friends to pose for you or set up still-life scenes.

you go to art school too?? high five!
Quote by illuminatiano

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by gnaraaron
you go to art school too?? high five!

Where do you go? I'm in my second semester at Massachusetts College of Art and Design. Except everyone just calls it MassArt.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the