I wanted to ask if the pit could give me some good sites to learn japanese , cause i think theres no teacher here where i live. But i wanna learn it and i kno it'll take time but still. So if you could please help
Rosetta Stone.

Just make sure you really want to learn it. Kanji sucks.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
You have to pay for that sort of thing.

Quote by frottage
lol weeaboo

When would you ever use it?

He obviously wants a sweet tattoo.
You're*
I think Rosetta Stone will really work but you have to dedicated because it costs alot.
Quote by Rhoads_1096
I think Rosetta Stone will really work but you have to dedicated because it costs alot.

Which is why the internet is so darn useful :-)

^^ MUZZYY!!!!
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Quote by frottage
lol weeaboo

When would you ever use it?

You're either a troll or a moron. I can't decide.

And TS, Japanese, moreso than other languages (except perhaps Chinese), pretty much needs a human teacher. There are so many nuances in the language (takusan vs. ooi, etc.) that it would be nearly impossible to learn from a book/computer.

Though, if you really want to try, get Rosetta Stone. If you're a cheap bastard, get My Japanese Coach for DS.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Rosetta Stone doesn't explain sentence structure or really teach you any of the written part of the language. It just kind of throws sentences at you to memorize and associate with pictures.
Quote by Korosu
Rosetta Stone doesn't explain sentence structure or really teach you any of the written part of the language. It just kind of throws sentences at you to memorize and associate with pictures.

I'll assume you speak at least a semblance of Japanese? (Judging by your username).

I haven't gotten in depth with it, but it seems to be a good tool. It's a much more basic form of language learning, by teaching you to associate the word with the item, not the English word. It stops the "Hear sentence-translate into English-translate English reply to Japanese-reply" sequence that's oh so popular.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by PlayMadness
I'll assume you speak at least a semblance of Japanese? (Judging by your username).

I haven't gotten in depth with it, but it seems to be a good tool. It's a much more basic form of language learning, by teaching you to associate the word with the item, not the English word. It stops the "Hear sentence-translate into English-translate English reply to Japanese-reply" sequence that's oh so popular.

I've taken a class and done a bit of independent study but nothing incredibly in depth.

I agree with the highlighted sentence. That is really important for a language so different from English. I just didn't like how there's no real explanation of the sentence structure since it's pretty different from English.
Japanese is a language you'll need a teacher for, the pronunciations, sentence structure and grammar points are crazy and lots of them are very context sensitive.

You may be able to speak some basic words and sentences but if you really need to speak it one day, you'll need a teacher to help you do it well.
I'm using a program called 'Human Japanese' and so far it's very good. It's taught me a lot, and it explains sentence structure, the history of the language, helps you learn the characters very easily, etc.

The guy who made the program teaches you in a very 'friendly' way, much the same as a teacher would. It's not complicated and it's set up and explained extremely well. I recommend it. ($20.00+ I think, money well worth spent.)
Hmm

Kanji is a bitch to try and learn.

I learnt Chinese through Primary School, and Jap through High School.. So I had a slight gras of it..

Now I can't remember any of it.
eMarried on UG to Brodie337 31/3/2009
I love you =]

Originally posted by Jabman

The proper way to clean up ROFL is to grab a bucket full of STFU and splash it around the area. If any ROFL is left, use a bit of GTFO, that should do the trick.
Turning Japanese, I think I'm Turning Japanese, I really think so!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
I've been taking Japanese in high school (completed 3 years' worth so far) and I don't think you'll find a better substitute for a human teacher. I'm not sure what I'll do once I'm done high school to continue my studies.
go to chapters or an equivalent bookstore and buy some beginners Audio book Japanese learning kits.

a good way to start into casual and conversational japanese. you'll learn pronuciation, the alphabet and common phrases for getting around.

also, if you have a nintendo DS.. get the Language coach series.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.