Im in the market for a new set of single coils for my MIA strat, mainly for hendrix/SRV style stuff. I always get suggested Texas Hots but I get the feeling they are one of those new products marketed to be vintage, when they really arent. Anyway, do you guys have any suggestions?

-btw, im building a ceriatone JTM45 for my senior project, just to put all the "your amp wont do it" comments.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Fralins? I know their single coils have quite the rep. Otherwise, I'd be pretty interested in CorduroyEW's single coil sets.

And good luck on the JTM45 build, it's pretty fun putting it together, but frustrating as hell when it comes time to troubleshoot it and test it out.
Last edited by al112987 at Mar 7, 2009,
Maybe something like the Seymour Duncan Classic Stack? They're supposed to be pretty true to the classic strat sound whilst removing hum to an extent. If you want to go fender I'd probably look at lace sensors, again you get a classic single coil sound with less hum and you've got a few options if you want slightly more nuts than a standard single coil.
Quote by al112987
Fralins? I know their single coils have quite the rep. Otherwise, I'd be pretty interested in CorduroyEW's single coil sets.

And good luck on the JTM45 build, it's pretty fun putting it together, but frustrating as hell when it comes time to troubleshoot it and test it out.

I'll look those up, thanks.

By the way, were you the one that suggested lollar pickups in another thread? I just found out the guy who makes them lives pretty close to me.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
I'll look those up, thanks.

By the way, were you the one that suggested lollar pickups in another thread? I just found out the guy who makes them lives pretty close to me.

Probably, I like Lollars, their PAFs and P90s are terrific, I imagine their single coils are great too. Jason Lollar is a cool guy, looks like he'd be part of a viking metal band but winds PAF style pickups. Effing sweet.