I came up with a pretty good sounding (to me anyway) sweep pattern, but I can't figure out what to add to it. Any suggestions? (or you can just point out how laughably horrible it is).
Attachments:
Sweep Pattern.gp5
Church burning is good for the (social) environment

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.
It's not amazing, if I'm honest.
It's a good start though, expand on it.

I had a play and added a harmony and stuff.
Attachments:
Sweep_Pattern[1].gp5
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Nice. Thumbs up.
My gear:

- Squier Stratocaster

- Fender 15G

-Crappy First Act
Quote by Carl6661
It's not amazing, if I'm honest.
It's a good start though, expand on it.

I had a play and added a harmony and stuff.

Thank you!
Also, where would this best fit into a song? As a fill, end of a solo, beginning of a solo? Sorry I'm pretty new to writing my own stuff

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.
Quote by XxDethmetalxX
Thank you!
Also, where would this best fit into a song? As a fill, end of a solo, beginning of a solo? Sorry I'm pretty new to writing my own stuff

It could work as all of them really, you could extent it so that it's like. A big, 'epic' sounding chord progression with the harmonized sweeps over it.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Thank you for all of your help, I appreciate it. I aim to write some stuff in the vein of In Flames, Children of Bodom, and Amon Amarth, so I think the extended sweep over an 'epic' chord progression thing would work perfectly.

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
Ok, I added a few more bars to it. They seem pretty good, but I am worried that they don't flow too well, any advice?
Attachments:
Sweep_Pattern2.gp5

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
Last edited by XxDethmetalxX at Mar 7, 2009,
bar 2 just sounds really weird to me
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Whaddya reckon?

UPDATE:
Just realised I posted the same tab as someone from before... my bad.
Reposted my own idea!
Attachments:
Sweep_Pattern[1].gp5
Last edited by CloneofAmott at Mar 15, 2009,