I got some huge 12-56 Ernie ball not even slinky strings and put them on my guitar. I was wondering how much i would have to adjust for tension on my guitar?? Its just an LTD H-50 with a tune-o-matic bridge on it. I'm thinking I should tighten the truss rod to account for all the extra tension, but what about if i'm in standard or dropped tuning??

edit: Can I actually play in standard with these massive powerline cables on my ax??
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.
Last edited by Ziggy936 at Mar 7, 2009,
Ok i use 12-56s but i play in drop d and C so there is no problem at all. you probably wont have a problem.
so i don't have to worry about the neck warping much, messing up the truss rod, or something crazy like snapping on me??
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.
Quote by Ziggy936
so i don't have to worry about the neck warping much, messing up the truss rod, or something crazy like snapping on me??

Not really, but what gauge were your previous strings? Try not to make big changes. Also, what tunning are you using?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Depends on what you were previously using.
If you used to use 11's in standard, you're probably fine,
if you used to use anything lower then you DEFINITELY need to adjust the truss rod.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
i used to use those. i never made any changes to my guitar. the only reason i went down to 11s is cause bending was hard as a bitch sometimes. plus, i hate changing them. the G was like impossible to change for me.

btw, i only play standard. some drop d when i get bored. so yea, these will do fine