(Invalid img)
I'm thinking about switching out my tortoise shell pickguard for a blue pearl pick guard, as well as putting in a green/black dimarzio tone zone in the bridge.
Does it look cool or no?
image edit props to LTD-Live
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
I'll be honest. I dig it.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
Jackson DKMG

Amps:
Peavey 5150 212
Pedals:
BBE Grean Screamer
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Electroharmonix Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Korg Pitch Black
I'm pretty sure in real life the tone zone is more of a Forrest green
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
looks tacky as hell
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
I feel like the tortoise would look better with the natural wood honestly... maybe if it was painted a different color it would be fine with the blue pickguard but its just not doing it for me...
looks like too much **** is going on sir
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Looks like some mixed reaction haha. I'm kinda on the fence foe this one... Do you guys have any other color scheme suggestions?
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
I'd have a green pearl pickgaurd. The same green as the pickup.
But it is your guitar.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Absolutely horrible, in my humble opinion.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I'm gonna be honest. I really hate it... but, it's got appeal in some aspects. I can see how someone would like it. I would personally never be seen with such an abomination, but if you like how it looks, man: more power to you. Like I said, it does have appeal, it's unique and it may just scream "you!" when people see it.

edit: make sure you tap/split your humbucker, so you can still get "tele-esque" bridge sounds. That's my $.02
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Last edited by Thomme at Mar 7, 2009,
*shivers*
thats nowhere near anything aesthetic.
If something is nothing it must not be something in any possible way
Hate to say it, but fugly. Natural wood has never done it for me an that pickguard just doesn't sit well, especially with the green pickup.

However, its your guitar, so if you like the look of it then go for it.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
If you love the blue, put it on a white guitar (or black) Natural wood wants natural tones or neutral anyway. White Black or shell is best but I'm another who prefers a bit of colour unless the wood is spectacular.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Get a shirt the same colour, then it'll look whack on stage
I don't care for it, honestly. Now, if you had a blue pickup cover I don't know. Know what I'd do with it? Black pickgaurd, black tuners, with the natural finish. Yum. My friend has a Carvin like that, it's freaking sexy.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
I think it looks pretty cool other than the green pickup. If it was just black or chrome it would look pretty sweet.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
How do you guys think a black pearl pickguard with a red/black or blue/black tone zone would look?
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by trutrojan8
How do you guys think a black pearl pickguard with a red/black or blue/black tone zone would look?

any opinions on the new potential look?
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
I dont think ive ever seen a black pearl pickguard.... that would be awesome though....

But with your previous idea, you should do that and add along the same colored green shirt on stage.
I really don't like that at all.
Quote by Ed Hunter
I took out a fly with my jet of piss once. I felt like God!

“This is ridiculous; my job is to sit here and do this bloo-loo-loo-loo, bloo-loo-loo-loo” - Paul Gilbert on sweep picking.