I just found this place, I think I have a lot of reading to do. I want to get serious about playing. I work full time and hit the gym 5 nights a week so this may be tough. I used to "play" if you want to call it that, back in my teens. Now I am just starting to hit my 30's and I have a new found interest in learning again. I am going to find as much info as I can, before I ask a bunch of redundant questions. I really like blues, funk, metal, rock etc.

I have a cheap Ibanez acoustic I picked up in 2001, and never really did anything with it. **** it still looks brand new lol.

I went out and bought a new Ibanez art100 along with a VOX DA 20 amp. I hope I made a descent choice. I am happy so far but I really don't know any better. (bedroom equipment)

If anyone would be willing to spoon feed me some links to intro blues for idiots that would be dandy.

Thanks!
Quote by 1-stringnoob
I just found this place, I think I have a lot of reading to do. I want to get serious about playing. I work full time and hit the gym 5 nights a week so this may be tough. I used to "play" if you want to call it that, back in my teens. Now I am just starting to hit my 30's and I have a new found interest in learning again. I am going to find as much info as I can, before I ask a bunch of redundant questions. I really like blues, funk, metal, rock etc.

I have a cheap Ibanez acoustic I picked up in 2001, and never really did anything with it. **** it still looks brand new lol.

I went out and bought a new Ibanez art100 along with a VOX DA 20 amp. I hope I made a descent choice. I am happy so far but I really don't know any better. (bedroom equipment)

If anyone would be willing to spoon feed me some links to intro blues for idiots that would be dandy.

Thanks!

E-
A-
D-5-7
G------5-7
B------------5-7(bend)
E-
look up the blues scales or Emin/Amin Pentatonic scales. Learn those and you can play every blues song ever written.
Does being successful truly make you a sell out? Can't you do your own original music and be successful because of it?
you'll probably get better responses in the guitar & bass basics forum... *moved*
from daylight...
...into darkness
Look at my sig. Go to the stuff about technique and anchoring. Also, get out of the 2 string habbits. There are tons of lessons on this site about scales and such. Search the minor pentatonic scale on Google. Learn that and you'll be on your way to playing some awesome rock/blues guitar.
Thanks again, I'm just joking about 1-2 strings. I used to know some metallica and other easy to play music along with the basic chords. I could not even tell you the names of them though. I have descent coordination even though its been years. I feel like I have forgot a lot. Which could be a good thing, so now I want to take this from the ground up and see if I can pass the plateau that caused me to quit playing years ago. I never thought about an instructor, and back in the day we did not have an internet full of resources.
Compromise on the gym/guitar thing. Play guitar, helps build finger strength. You can do a lot with your fingers.