So for a gig my band is covering Gimme Shelter by the stones. We have a female singer for the girl part, and she can hit all the notes, but her voice is just too soft... I was wondering would it work/sound decent to put my OCD inbetween the mic and the PA?
Thanks
What? Why can't you turn up the PA, or God forbid, play softer to accommodate her voice?

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
wat? The point isn't that she's too quiet, it's that her voice isn't as rough or bold as the woman singer the stones had. I want to give her a more 'overdriven' voice, in a sense, so I was wondering if I could throw an OD pedal in her line
You could use a horrible mic that distorts badly
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
you can do it, but you will have massive feedback issues. and it likely won;t sound that great.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
It is done a lot in the studio, but doing it live isn't the best of ideas.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by floyd1991
So for a gig my band is covering Gimme Shelter by the stones. We have a female singer for the girl part, and she can hit all the notes, but her voice is just too soft... I was wondering would it work/sound decent to put my OCD inbetween the mic and the PA?
Thanks

No, that'll sound like crap.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com