So lately I have been leaving my amp on for long stretches of time unintentionally. Often over dinner or even over night a couple times. Is this bad for the amp? Lately my tone quality has gone down but that might be because 2 of the nuts on my locking trem system are srtipped so I'm constantly out of tune. I really can't afford a new amp, all i've got is $100 that I was saving for a car.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

dont think its the amp as i have a cube 60 and i leave it on all the time.....poor memory for turning it all off. wouldnt advise it sure there are long term damages

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
Leaving it on all night isn't advisable I don't think.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
It's not the best thing, but it wouldn't be that bad for it (Think about when people play for a few hours at a time) But over 5 hours wouldn't be good.

Especially with valve amps, that'd just kill it.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
The Cube is a modeling amp that gets it's tone from a DSP. It's basically a computer built into a powered speaker. I'm thinking it's no more harmful than leaving your computer on.

It can be argued that computers last longer when left on. Like a light bulb - it's the on/off cycling that shortens the lifespan of the circuitry.
Last edited by 667 at Mar 7, 2009,
Hey guys thanks. I was worried I'd have to buy a replacement. That's a relief!
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Check your strings to see if they've got brown gunk on the bottom of them. People sometimes forget about the age of their strings when it comes to tone.