Good morning guys,
I fear I am sure to get flamed for this question, back when I actually took guitar lessons I believe I remember my instructor telling me that there was another name for the mixolydian mode. And I can't for the life of me remember wtf it was?!!? It is possible that I am thinking of something else like the pentatonic scale having another name or something but I really thought it was the mixolydian =( plz help however you can this question has been making my brain hurt and act dysfunctional ...... Thanks in advance.....
I don't know of another name for it. But possibly the Dominant 7 scale might make sense.
There's my way and the wrong way.
^^ yes.

It' could be called from a jazz perspective a dominant scale, indicating a scale that could be use over dominant chords in jazz improvisations.

More of these are, Phrygian dominant and Lydian dominant,

You don't call it dominant, because it's dominant by nature, that's why it's called Mixolydian.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Yeah Mixolydian is sometimes referred to as the dominant mode because the scale degrees outline the dominant seventh chord 1 2 3 4 5 6 b7.