Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
its missing a tuner hole :P
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
its missing a tuner hole :P

yeah after past experiences ive learnt to do them lastd

ive just gotta come up with a paint job for it aswell which is hard really because i want it white but it will show up very tiny mistake!
Nice work. I love explorers. This apprently isn't the first one you've made, yes?
Quote by echodust
Nice work. I love explorers. This apprently isn't the first one you've made, yes?

its the first explorer, and the first big build on my own, but i gave my friend a hand when making his own custom shaped guitar once!
looks good, man. A touch on the small side, but we all have our own preferences. I like it. Keep us updated on it.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by Thomme
looks good, man. A touch on the small side, but we all have our own preferences. I like it. Keep us updated on it.

i have an admission to make, its only small because im 6 foot 8:p

its slightly larger than the average explorer really
You make that thing look like a toy, nice work!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
You make that thing look like a toy, nice work!

haha lol arnt all guitars toys:p
Stain it and give it an Tung oil finish

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by helsinki_vampir
Stain it and give it an Tung oil finish

i wanna avoid a clear finish although i have nothing against them, they are amazing, but it would show up all my mistakes:p
Quote by guitarcam123
please, please please do a clear finish - don't cover up that beautiful wood

i cant because if you see the neck, i had to use two peices of wood, and it would look shoddy if it was clear there!
Quote by guitarcam123
lots of necks have two pieces of wood...

mmm i shall consider it then
Quote by MichaelSpeer
im not sure if its sapwood but i like where it gets lighter on the edges of the body and i think it would look wicked iwth a clear finish

mmmm, do u think it was unwise to make it out of ash rather than mahogany?
also im unsure what pickups to install in it, any suggestions would be great.
Quote by gooooog
also im unsure what pickups to install in it, any suggestions would be great.

Genres/budget/any specific tones you really like?
Also, I feel that it's necessary to say that if you have a crap amp, new p'ups won't help. Yes, I'm calling the kettle black, cause I've got a Spider.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by BD 425
Genres/budget/any specific tones you really like?
Also, I feel that it's necessary to say that if you have a crap amp, new p'ups won't help. Yes, I'm calling the kettle black, cause I've got a Spider.

haha!, well im mostly into metal, my fave band is metallica but emgs seem way over priced, my amp isnt crap dont worry:p

my budget is around 50 quid for both neck pup and bridge!
Last edited by gooooog at Mar 7, 2009,
what about a white finish with the front of the body left with clear dark satin finish????????????
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Awesome! Hope everything comes out good for ya

ty
erm i have found a few dilemas. first the neck joint! i was a little worried that the scarf joint wasnt going to be strong enough and i doweled it, also i used iroko for the head stock which was an idiotic idea as i used beech for the neck. also i dont think i made the neck go into the body enough as im going to put a neck pick up in i should have made it deeper? any thoughts on this????? ty:d
you should be fine, based on those pics. If you are really worried, screw the neck on it, as that'll give it more "hold", like a bolt-on.

For pickups, i'd check out irongear pickups, i've heard good things about them, and they're about 25 to 27 quid apiece
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.