Page 1 of 2
Lots of people do this so.. really i suppose its nothing new.. But for the last 9 years or so i've been gifted with a rather abundant head of hair and have enjoyed its flowyness and length for nearly a decade.

today, I decided I'd shave my head for two reasons:

1. for the absolute liberation of no longer having a high maintenance head of hair that requires constant brushing out of ones face

2. To donate my 20" tail to cancer patients that have lost their hair while undergoing chemo treatments.

in so many ways.. this was SUCH a liberating experience. plus my neck is and up back are no longer stiff from carry 4-5 lbs of hair

If you happen to be a hairily endowed individual (no pubes) seeking to go under the scissors, then absolutely check out this site and make a difference for someone undergoing a very terrifying and traumatic experience!

Here's a canadian site for donating your locks.

and now pics! cause it did happen!

Before

After

I'll add that my wife was pretty excited to see me with short hair for the first time.. ever in the 8 years we've been together

now.. how to open this up as a discussion?

Have you ever done fun stuff like this or know anyone who has for Good causes?

or perhaps you know someone that has underwent chemo, and was happy to receive a coolass wig by a charitable donation?

share your stories!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Pernell
Hair Thread

Or not.

Good job mate! My friend had a giant afro, he shaved it and raised over $3000. It's a good cause
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
actually, dude, u look good with short hair

nice, i'm sure that'll make at least a couple people happy, that's a nice thing u did
Props to you, man! I still have my hair from when I cut it off last year, but I am not sure that it is quite long enough to send in (probably is though).

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by titsmcgee852
Or not.

Good job mate! My friend had a giant afro, he shaved it and raised over $3000. It's a good cause

$3000!

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
You suit it both ways. That was a fun read, quite inspiring.

- Adam
Quote by Zero-Hartman
$3000!

For cancer, not for himself, silly billy.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
well done dude
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
That's a really nice idea. Do you have to donate a certain amount of hair?
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Short hair looks a lot better on you. Congrats though
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

I know I know! It's still a lot of money And I thought I had a get-rich-quick scheme

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
yeah i think you would look badass if you actually shaved your head down to the scalp. you would looks like one of those asian gangsters in a jet lee movie
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
The only thing better than doing a selfless act is coming on the internet and getting props for it....
Good job man!!!
███████████████████████████████████
that's awesome man, when I read the title I thought you shaved it off completely to baldness
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Quote by Cal UK
That's a really nice idea. Do you have to donate a certain amount of hair?

the minimum donation, depending on the organization, is anywhere from 8 to 12 inches.
no homo but you look way better with it short haha

and i went into this thread thinking BALD not buzzed maybe i should shave my head...
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
I could never part with my hair. Not even if the money was going directly to me You're a far better person than I'll ever be bro.

But...

liberating experience

That has to be the single most pretentious phrase in the English language.
Quote by Vermintide
I could never part with my hair. Not even if the money was going directly to me You're a far better person than I'll ever be bro.

But...

liberating experience

That has to be the single most pretentious phrase in the English language.

sorry holmes, its a fault I got from listening to metal where I now enjoy using large words..

Valetudinarianism!

EDIT: fixed terrifyingly bad grammar..
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Mar 7, 2009,
Both short and long hair look great on you tbh. I know how liberating it feels to get rid of your long hair. I kept my tail and I'm also considering giving it to a cancer charity that makes wigs for patients that can't afford them.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Kudos I'm gonna go with everyone else and say that yeah, you do look better with shorter hair.
ncei one man. You look hawt with short hair so dont worry.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
awesome, that was a nice thing u did.
also u look better with short hair
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
honestly you look 100 times better with short hair
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Good for you

I did the same thing last year for lukemia, although my hair was no where near as long as yours!! Congrats, you've done a great thing

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by Kivarenn82
the minimum donation, depending on the organization, is anywhere from 8 to 12 inches.

Drat! I've only got about 6/7 inches tops. Hmm I wonder if tis worth growing then shaving as you did.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Page 1 of 2