i've noticed in all the threads about what amp to buy, people always seem to recommend brands like ampeg, ashdown, trace elliott etc over stuff like fender and marshall. Why is that? I've been looking at amps to get and marshall and fender have some amps that look good on paper (Marshall MB series, and the fender bassmans) (haven't been able to try em out yet) so i just wondered if there is some reason why they don't get discussed much here.

Cheers
Fender Bassman series is pretty good, and its nice to play. Marshall amps are basically guitar amps that can go down a bit more. They werent really designed that well. Especially their Cabinets which are fairly crap. Out of those two there the bassman is best.

But overall things like Ampeg, SWR, Ashdown, trace elliot, hartke, are all designed for bass, and there good at it in there own ways.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I remember a while ago I asked about a Fender Bassman and people recommended against it, I'm not sure why though. For Marshall's, I think they're one of those brands that are on people's black lists for quality (along with stuff like Line 6, and Berhinger), but correct me if I'm wrong here people.
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
I always thought bassmans were good, and not cause marshall has bad QC, but cause their not that great.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul