Is there any type of exercises or anything to do about it?

i can get all string sounds when i place my index finger except the 2nd (B) string ...that sucks ....

Any suggestions?
just keep practising and messing with your technique youll get it eventually.. there is some thing they sell at guitarcenter that you squeeze and it improves your finger strenght
Practice.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by bapplebo
Roll your index finger slightly to the left.

wrong, if you do that, you'll probably not gonna get the root note of the chord.
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type
Practice, practice, practice. Have I already told you to practice? If you have an acoustic guitar, Barre Chords are even harder. But soon enough, you will have enough strenght in your finger and your hands, so you'll be able to do them
No no, drugs won't help your playing. (Well, actually.... Not your technique, anyway.)

Just practice the barre chords lots, always trying real hard to get it to ring out properly, so you build strength. It helps if you use the side of the index a bit, not just the... uhh... underside?
Quote by rigiddigits
Well I'm a girl and I don't want to die so I guess I'll have to choose to be raped.

Nobody sig that

Check out my gaming blog, Zombie Arcade
i didn't mean drugs...lol i meant magic pills like in a fairytale...anyways Thanx everybody
Last edited by Th Silent Noise at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapplebo
Roll your index finger slightly to the left.

Quote by cajun_prince
wrong, if you do that, you'll probably not gonna get the root note of the chord.

Huh??

There's nothing wrong with that suggestion. A lot of people will do that and it shouldn't mean you'll miss the root note at all. It just helps get more of the hard or boney part of your finger onto the strings.
Quote by cajun_prince

I get the root note of the chord, as well as all the other notes, even on root 6th chords.

Maybe you're just doing it wrong?
i have never been able to fully play barre chords cause my index finger never lays flat under my knuckle, oh well glad im not alone and ive been playing 15yrs lol
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo