im looking into making a dimebag sounding set-up,i live in Australia and was wondering whats the best mix?
i was thinking a Dean Razorback Explosion or a Dean Stealth or a Dean Razorback 10K Commemorative and a Randall rh-300?
any recommendations?
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

Last edited by red_spider at Mar 7, 2009,
Try and track down a Randall Warhead and for a guitar, purely cos Deans current QC sucks and they charge WAYYYY too much, try and track down a 2nd hand Washburn, specifically one of the sig models.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
been try for awhile now for the warhead and a washburn,to find a second hand warhead in were i live is extremely hard.ive tracked down a Washburn dimeslime im gonna get a quote on it but its form a shop so im expect it to be way over priced
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

hmm...I see your dilemma, they really should have more dime sig gear to make this easier
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by lunaticfringe93
hmm...I see your dilemma, they really should have more dime sig gear to make this easier

Lol'd

But yeah, are you looking for a Pantera era tone, or Damageplan?

Cos Damageplan was a Krank with Washys/Deans, so it's your choice, you can probably get the Krank Rev Jr for the same price as a Warhead, then get a guitar with it, alls you need is a slab of mahogany, a really high output bridge pup and one of the above amps.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
a telecaster with a dimebucker through a fender frontman into another frontman with a fancy flanger and distortion in between the amps.
JK
go to the artist gear page, search it its on here.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Are Eye Pee Daim.

Seriously- just a Razorback and a high-end Randall should get you pretty damn close.
Quote by red_spider
been try for awhile now for the warhead and a washburn,to find a second hand warhead in were i live is extremely hard.ive tracked down a Washburn dimeslime im gonna get a quote on it but its form a shop so im expect it to be way over priced

Wait it out, you won't be happy with anything else I'm almost definite. I know that waiting like 7 or 8 months for my 5150 head was very well worth it
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
my mates rh-150 g3 and his esp eclipse 2 get a good dime tone.the warheads were 300 watt so i was thinking the RH-300 has the head room.i already plan to drop a Bill Lawrence L500XL into what ever guitar i get.im gonna try picking up that Washburn link i sent yesterday but if that idea fails im looking for a back up.im gonna wait and see what happens but i doubt any more Washburn 333's or warheads with show up i did see a randall RH100 pop up a little while ago it was $450 AUD and if i remember correctly didn't dime use this from 83-91 and again from 96-99.im thinking maybe a Dean Stealth if all else fails but im gonna go for a look around and see what Deans i can try out,ive played two razorbacks the last one being the one being the union jack and i liked the feel of it a lot,not a fan of the finish.sorry England.The problem is were i live there are only two or three Dean dealers in my city.and most of them have no stock from this economical **** and arnt bringing any in .so my best bet is that second hand washburn,my question is were do i draw the line on price? like i know its a us model and there rare but being second hand in a shop itll be expensive and over priced is my bet.any ideas in AUD $ that i should draw the line at?
Quote by Tiksi

after much research and reading of a certain April edition of guitar world.the verdict is hunt down a RH100H or a Century 200 or if all else fails the RH150 or RH300 and for the guitar most prob one of the dean mls that are his sigs most prob and drop a Seymour Duncan '59 sh-1 in the neck and a bill lawrence L500XL in the bridge
Quote by Tiksi