I read on a website that bright light helps reset your body's wake-time. I've been trying this - I have a desk lamp. I've been staring into it intensely staring into it intensely for 30 seconds when I wake up every morning. It seems like it's been working for me. It really makes me not-tired in the morning and then makes me really tired at night to fall asleep.

So I think someone else should try this and see if it works for them, or if it's not just a placebo effect or something. I also started track about a week ago, so maybe that's affecting my sleeping pattern too.

tl;dr - stare into a light for 30 seconds when you wake up each morning and see what happens
I think you'll burn your eyes out after a while. >___>

careful...it might damage your eyes.

plus I think the body only reacts to natural light....not synthetic light.

get some sunlight dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by geetarguy13
tl;dr - stare into a light for 30 seconds when you wake up each morning and see what happens

If I may speak for doctors all over the planet:
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by NielsWho
I think you'll burn your eyes out after a while. >___>

yeah thats what i was thinking..
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
geetarguy13 trying to make people on the internet blind since 2009
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
so just how long have you been intentionally blinding yourself for?
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Quote by PETERFKNPARKER
so just how long have you been intentionally blinding yourself for?

Thrity seconds every day
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
This might work for me. I can never wake up in the morning and I mean NEVER. I literally had 10 minutes to get ready from school the other day due to sleeping in.

EDIT: I just realized... I have one of those new futuristic bulbs that are literally blinding to look at.
I like to stare into ma lazers
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by CliffIsAngry
I like to stare into ma lazers

newsflash: you are not funny. stop trying.
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Quote by toine
if you can't sleep, go to church

oh no you di'nt!!
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by CoreysMonster
my eyes! I'm blind!

the internet made me do it!

Nice touch-typing
ohai little sig.
Quote by Hasok
fap is more fun

That or sex or anything that's physically demanding just before when you intend to sleep always seems to be the best cure. A friend of mine believed in neither of the first two so he just did a tonne of push-ups until he was absolutely knackered and sleep came quite easy.

Perhaps by blinding yourself, given you can't see anymore, you just assume you're asleep.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by Laces Out Danny
careful...it might damage your eyes.

plus I think the body only reacts to natural light....not synthetic light.

get some sunlight dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you suggesting that we stare into the sun?

Both ideas seem pretty dumb.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Say hello to retina damage...

by the way, insomnia isn't a disease or condition- it's a symptom of another problem. Best way to relieve yourself of insomnia? Sort out the underlying problem.

Really? Well I must have some serious problems because it's 8:40 am and I have yet to sleep