Hi

I have an AD30VT which I love and have since seen the introduction of the XL range which isnt really for me. All the old AD's are being advertised as 'last few ever' and they seemed to have been replaced with a VT range which look exactly the same and look as is they have the same feattures.

Doesnt anyone know the difference between the AD and VT range? Has anyone played the newer one?
There are several differences. I started out using an AD15, and the tube never lit up or seemed to have as notable effect on the tone. This time round it does both. The VT range has more amp models, artist pre-sets, different effects and an independent reverb. I think there are also 4 bank presets as well as a new footswitch to accomodate. There are a lot of differences, although the original ADVT and XL models are still great amps, the new one is another step up. If the AC-4 wasn't coming out I'd probably end up with one of these again (might still do, for the amp models!)
ah ha. makes sense. I mainly use the vox and fender models on manual settings and have pedals for my FX is there much point upgrading my AD30 to a VT30?
I'd say the new one is like the old one but every single bit is slightly better. If you're happy with the old one stick with it though, I won't bother upgrading mine since it stays firmly locked on the Fender model...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by teamcooper
ah ha. makes sense. I mainly use the vox and fender models on manual settings and have pedals for my FX is there much point upgrading my AD30 to a VT30?

I would say yes, but only because the number of Fender and Vox amp models on the amp has tripled.