ive just bought a fender fm212r off ebay for £200 and ive seen reviews and it looks to me like a good amp. it's due to be delivered in a couple of days and i was just wondering what i should expect of it. i've tried the same model out in guitar shops before and really liked it and its only around the £200 mark that is pretty cheap.

what shall i expect of this amp?
has anyone here had experience with this amp before?
is it reliable?
is it relatively easy to transport?
loud enough to gig small venues (100-300 people)?

sorry for all the questions, i'm just a little curious.

cheers

nick
Quote by nightraven
it's not that great

the clean tones are ok, but running distortion on it is a fizzy mess, there's better out there for 200 pounds.

thanks

yeah i will mostly be using it for clean playing only, but occasionally will use it for more rock and maybe some metal.
I have one, I really like the clean tone on it (i play blues/soul/jazz) the distortion channels not good though, I use a pedal instead. I always gig with it, play to 300-500 people usuallly and its fine.
what shall i expect of this amp?

- OK clean channel, crap overdrive/distortion channel

has anyone here had experience with this amp before?

- I bought one expecting great things, and was pretty disappointed

is it reliable?

- Don't see why not, its a box with some circuits and a speaker in, not much to go wrong

is it relatively easy to transport?

- Yes, it's pretty big but its actually really light

loud enough to gig small venues (100-300 people)?

- Yeah, it may not be an amazing amp, but its REALLY loud

Don't worry, it's not THAT bad - ignoring the rubbish OD/distortion, it's a big loud amp for not much money, can't really complain. Get an OD pedal and it'll be fine
My friend has it. It's very loud and the clean channel can be fairly tolerable. For dirt, I would use a pedal though. The overdrive channel is muddy, harsh, and prone to feedback.
Quote by n to the k
yeah i will mostly be using it for clean playing only, but occasionally will use it for more rock and maybe some metal.

I hate to sound like an ass, but you bought the wrong amp. They have ok cleans and that's it.
I have one I then clean tones are better than I expected in a SS amp. The amp's distortion is useless, and it has an insane amount of feedback. I use a distortion pedal on the clean channel and its just o.k. Don't expect to much from the distortion. And at band practice i keep it a 2, anything more drowns everyone out. Its insanely loud.