Current rig-
Jackson RR3
Roland Cube 30x

Genre- Thrash and Industrial such as Rammstein and Metallica.
Budget- there arn't any over $100 right? Cuz that's my budget.
Can you help me UG?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
Budget- there arn't any over $100 right?

No, not at all
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
I wouldn't bother til you got a better amp. and i'm not sure if there are any good ones for under $100.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
overdrive wont be good on a solid state amp, they are designed to push the tubes.
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
No, no, overdrive pedals are not designed to 'push valves harder' or to 'push an amp into metal territory'. Stop it.

However, TS, I would not recommend an overdrive or distortion pedal for you as when paired with a moddelling amp such as yours, they don't sound good at all.

Oh and there's plenty over $100
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
You can use an OD pedal with solid state amps but it is pointless with the cube. I remember using an OD on my old Kustom solid state back in the day. If it wasn't for the od I would have never played that amp. But basically all it will do is bring up the volume and add pre gain to it. So really you don't need to add any gain to the cube.
Quote by Yngwi3
No, no, overdrive pedals are not designed to 'push valves harder' or to 'push an amp into metal territory'. Stop it.

no but this is obviously what he wants to do, of course ODs arent 'designed' to push an amp into metal but he plays metal and this is probably what he wants to do.
what im saying is when playing metal an OD is usually used in conjunction with a tube amp to produce a more metal esque tone.
Quote by stephen_rettie
no but this is obviously what he wants to do

Bold assumption.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by stephen_rettie
no but this is obviously what he wants to do, of course ODs arent 'designed' to push an amp into metal but he plays metal and this is probably what he wants to do.
what im saying is when playing metal an OD is usually used in conjunction with a tube amp to produce a more metal esque tone.

Right and a lot of people are using them now because it's the thing to do. I've gotten a lot of people to just take the OD away from their amp and play it and they ended up liking it better. Most high gain amps sound more organic, have more low end, and sound all together better without one imo. I used to use one myself though. I think this guy sees everyone using them. I mean there is no reason to use an OD pedal on a roland cube. I'm not sure what the hell he thinks it is going to do to this amp. He thinks he is going to magically get some sort of tone from his favorite bands by using an od pedal. He'll find that using an od pedal with this amp will barely even do anything at all.