Ok so I'm looking to buy my mates' father's 1975 100watt Fender Twin, UK model, push/pull master volume with fender blue label speakers.

It was gigged and used in rehearsal from about 1975 - 80 then has spent the rest of it's years until now in a bedroom. Heres the details of it's condition:

- Tolex in v-good condition.
- Grill cloth in good condition but has gone the darker shade in front of the speakers.
- Control panel generally good condition - has the usual marks and scratches.
- Very little corroding to some of the metal parts e.g. handle ends and metal corners.
- Has original footswitch in good condition.

As far as the general look of this amp goes on the scale 1-10 she gets a 7. Main issues are the reverb and tremelo don't work properly. The valves have never been replaced so the reverb and trem show signs of wanting to work when you wiggle the valves and it gets better the longer the amp is on. The bright switch on the normal channel doesn't work. Obviously she needs a good service. I love the sound of this amp and want to offer my mates dad an honest price.

So how much is this thing worth?
EDIT: ive seen them for £500ish but if theres a lot wrong maybe 350/ 400?
Last edited by Meatball200 at Mar 7, 2009,
Check the completed listings section for the same or similar product on eBay. this will give you a good idea of what others were willing to pay, and what they actually paid too. Aside from fixing the bright switch, it just sounds as though it will need a re-valve and you'll be laughing.
Quote by greggybhoy
Check the completed listings section for the same or similar product on eBay. this will give you a good idea of what others were willing to pay, and what they actually paid too. Aside from fixing the bright switch, it just sounds as though it will need a re-valve and you'll be laughing.

Alot of these amps on ebay seem to be the 78-79 models. Theres a current trend of people putting them at £700 by now or best offer and you can't find out the winning offer when the auction ends.
Get the valves done so you know if the trem and reverb are good. If you can get the bright fixed, so much the better. Then £700 is a good asking price. As she stands, not much more than £350.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I did a fair bit of research into twin reverbs before getting my Twin Amp "evil Twin", the late 70's models with the 135watt rating were generally advised to avoid and should therefore be cheaper than the 100 watt models before it. Its a very fluctuating market on ebay really especially as a twin can only really be picked up in person.