Page 1 of 2
According to your skill level,what song do feel requires a lot of durablity and endurance? For me, it's probably Rime of the Ancient Mariner or To Tame a Land. Wrathchild can be kind of tough too.
Sir Duke
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
Sir Duke

Awesome song! Stevie Wonder appreciates you!

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
At the moment, I am working on Hammer Smashed Face, which is giving me a real endurance. Getting there though. I can also play the main riff to YYZ, and on a good day, I can play Tommy the Cat.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
scarified but about 10bpm too slow, at full speed probably a primus song, cant remember though, recently i have been tyring to learn guitar riffs on bass eg. crownless - nightwish which i nearly have sorted
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Last edited by moody git at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote by Casketcreep
There's a bass version?
Or are you playing it transposed?

Wait this is the bass forum?

Nevermind. My bad.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Parellel Universe is pretty intense on my plucking hand.
Last edited by Captain Insano at Mar 7, 2009,
Maybe "YYZ" by Rush or "Come on Come Over" or "Kuru/Speak Like a Child" by Jaco. Although I can't play any of these quite perfectly.

Quote by Black Ox
According to your skill level,what song do feel requires a lot of durablity and endurance? For me, it's probably Rime of the Ancient Mariner or To Tame a Land. Wrathchild can be kind of tough too.
Hey I'm learning "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" for English class! I find the guitar part much more demanding, because I just started playing guitar seriously about a year ago, whereas I've been playing bass pretty seriously for about two years. I have to tense up a lot when I play the guitar part, which is bad.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Mar 7, 2009,
YYZ. 'Nuff said.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
When the Sun Burns Red by Kreator, at this moment. i've adjusted the tab i'm using though so i'm following guitars more than just playing root notes.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Quote by 4 strings
phantom of the opera i think.

I've been playing that recently,but that bass interlude is just too fast.
All Nightmare Long at Full Speed.

That song seriously is a nightmare at around the 5 minute mark.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Quote by Black Ox
I've been playing that recently,but that bass interlude is just too fast.

it took a LONG time to master
For me, Hysteria or Spoonman. Neither is really that difficult but they are relentless. Spoonman is tough on my fret hand because I use just my pointer and ring finger (since the all the notes are on 5, 3, or open).
Either Hysteria by Muse or Briefcase Full of Guts by Dethklok

The second isn't that fast, but the riff is kinda confused
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
C'mon girl, RHCP
New track on soundcloud.com/ahlers or on my profile.
Feedback much appreciated.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Hi my name is Chen im 16 years old from Israel.
I love playing Guitar and writing if I have the time[...]

As of now I am banned because of racism against albinos
Quote by Captain Insano
Parellel Universe is pretty intense on my plucking hand.

I was gonna say that too, straight 16th notes for 4-5 minutes is a killer.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Parellel universe and readymade are a workout for my plucking hand but i can do them standing up.
Erm, Composure from August Burns Red. Its not really THAT tough, i know, but the song does not stop, and the wierd breakdown sections leave me drained...
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
once i get locked into the groove lacquer head gets me pretty worn out
hysteria, i have little hands and have a hard time reaching the 12th fret on the E string
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
i just started on panic attack by dream theater and its the most difficult ive tried so far.
Quote by fishmunky
My fiance told me she had to sleep on the couch a few months back cause i got overly grabby in my sleep.
she was apparently not impressed by unconscious caveman moves
constant motion or yyz.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Quote by Black Ox

It's about "Dune". I owe you a waterdebt young wali.
The most demanding overall would have to be hot for teacher...but i also play my own bassline at times.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Black Dog and Immigrant Song by Led Zep.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Well I can play about half of Frantic Disembowelment. Also, the intro to Only Ash Remains is pretty hard but I can do it decently.
I'd probably have to say "Walking Away" by Streetlight Manifesto. My jazz technique is shit so it's nearly impossible for me to keep a steady walking line going for that long.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
Right now I'm learning (and arranging) the prelude of the first cello suite in G major and it's physically as well as emotionally demanding to play through. You feel like you've run a marathon coming out of that piece, just because it's so powerful and you can't help but pour everything you have into it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Black Dog and Immigrant Song by Led Zep.

Black Dog is intense so +1

My others are Moby Dick by Led Zep and On & On & On by Catch 22(or Streetlight Manifesto).
Page 1 of 2