hello all. i have a mim fender strat with just the 1 string guide for the B and e strings, like most do, but i want to add more. is there a reason behind fenders not having guides for all the of the strings? i was thinking about adding 2 more so each string had a guide on it to really push down on the nut. will this help/screw something up? should i just add the 1 more for the D and G strings like some strats have? thanks all.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
If the guitar doesnt have them already then it doesnt need them installed.

Are the strings constantly popping out of their nut slots? If no, dont install any more string trees, you will just introduce un-necessary friction to the strings.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
You are better off without string trees if you can do without them, they are just another area for strings to bind an screw up your tuning stability. Are you tuners staggered? The tuners in my MIA Tele are staggered, not sure about MIM guitars. I put staggered Sperzels in my Strat specificallyso I could do without the string trees.
Last edited by mark_wuk at Mar 7, 2009,
i thought there were more to string guides than just that. from what i see, it just feels like pulling the string down right behind the nut heightens the string on the first fret a bit and stops the strong vibration at the nut better. but if this isnt the case, no the strings arent popping out of the nut, so i guess ill just stick with the one, and maybe install a second one like some strats have.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Quote by Ippon
Some install the retainer bar (from FR-equipped) to keep it positioned properly (prevents popping) or better yet, staggered tuners.

i was thinking about that (and thats actually what gave me the idea to do this, the retainer on my schecter), but i didnt like how it would look on the strat.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30