Page 1 of 2
Quote by JezuzFingerz
Oh i lol'd quite a lot. Internets to you Normul. Normul you are the funniest man on all the internets. I would gladly make dirty lovin' to Normul all night long. Normul is the reason I breath. Normul
Quote by Hasok
Steven Wilson is a one of the best musicians alive

One of?
I didn't know he could get that angry though. He really looked pissed in the hammer one.
Quote by JezuzFingerz
Oh i lol'd quite a lot. Internets to you Normul. Normul you are the funniest man on all the internets. I would gladly make dirty lovin' to Normul all night long. Normul is the reason I breath. Normul
Quote by Normul

He really hates the single song downloading culture.

of course he would. he just released his debut album.
Quote by daytripper75
of course he would. he just released his debut album.

Not really... One could say his debut album was in 1991... He thinks it ruins the concept of albums. I would have to say I agree.
Quote by JezuzFingerz
I hate the "single downloading culture" but I love my iPod...
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
I hate the "single downloading culture" but I love my iPod...

Word up, yo. I hate when people are like, "OMG I LOVE (insert band name here)!!" 'Oh really? what songs do you like?" "Well, I've only listened to one, their hit single, but it's good!" ""
GO YANKEES!
You don't HAVE to put single songs on your mp3 player. I love my Zune but hate the "single song downloading culture."

Quote by Yanks4Life92
Word up, yo. I hate when people are like, "OMG I LOVE (insert band name here)!!" 'Oh really? what songs do you like?" "Well, I've only listened to one, their hit single, but it's good!" ""
This.
bla bla 'i hate change' bla bla bla
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Blackfield and Porcupine Tree = love...
I was unaware of his new project though, I'll be sure to get the album as soon as possible.
Quote by meh!
bla bla 'i hate change' bla bla bla
I just find it stupid that people only know a band's hit single and never listen to anything else by that band besides that one song.
Quote by Masonpwiley
I just find it stupid that people only know a band's hit single and never listen to anything else by that band besides that one song.

I like downloading individual songs because most people can't produce more than one decent song, i dont want to hear their pishy albums cause that's what most albums are filled with.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
but notice how its an older version ipod each time...
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
If he has the money and the lack of brain capacity to do this, more power to him.

This is just pointless.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
I get to meet him on Tuesday! Why is he actually destroying the iPods anyway? Because he hates people downloading single songs instead of albums..?
Last edited by undecided1993 at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote by undecided1993
I get to meet him on Tuesday! Why is he actually destroying the iPods anyway? Because he hates people downloading single songs instead of albums..?

Yes. If you've noticed, all of Porcupine Tree's albums are either a narrative concept or general theme. He doesn't feel that the music can be fully enjoyed without the album as a whole. I agree.
Quote by JezuzFingerz
I literally lol'd at every one of these videos

I don't really see why everyones getting so wound up about this. He has as much a right as anyone to voice his opinions, and he isn't exactly harming anyone in the process (aside from the cameraman when the battery explodes in the second one )
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I love Steven Wilson.

This makes me love him even more.

I hate single songs, I cannot truly enjoy any band or artist without their albums in full.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Masonpwiley
You don't HAVE to put single songs on your mp3 player. I love my Zune but hate the "single song downloading culture."

this,i love my mp4 and i dont think using mp4s and ipods is bad....
Quote by Normul

I love the way he walked away. It was like, "Man, this hammer thing isn't nearly as exciting as I wanted it to be. We have to end in a way that doesn't make me look bad..... I know! Walk away into the distance in a dramatic way. ROLL FILM!!!"

Wilson's a genius, though, and I can't blame him for feeling the way he does about modern culture.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
What a prat.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by undecided1993

My fear is that the current generation of kids who're being born into this information revolution, growing up with the Internet, cell phones, iPods, this download culture, 'American Idol,' reality TV, prescription drugs, PlayStations — all of these things kind of distract people from what's important about life, which is to develop a sense of curiosity about what's out there. (Steven Wilson, MTV News)
I love SW and have enjoyed pretty much everything he has created. I even agree with his hate of "download culture" but I love my iPod and if it weren't for the ability to download, I would have never heard of him. there are pros and cons to the information age, but for people like me, the ends justify the means. It does sort of annoy me that he is spending money that he got from me and other fans for something that is ultimately a stupid dramatic gesture which accomplishes nothing.

For his sake, I hope he cools down about all of this, I think he made his point with Fear of a Blank Planet. I really don't want him to be known as "that anti-mp3 British guy"
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
I don't think he's against MP3s so much as he's against the system by which people are "fans" of a band because they know a random single. I think these videos are just an attack on iPod's because they are the only real palpable part of the MP3 system aside from the CD itself, and a video of him deleting a folder full of MP3's on his computer probably wouldn't have the same impact
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
lol. I love how the iPod pretty much withstood the car. It was still in fine condition after he ran over it a bunch of times.

Oh and Insurgentes sounds pretty good, I think I'll buy it on iTunes and put it on my iPod.
Last edited by Spectromerepere at Mar 7, 2009,
Haha... I downloaded Insurgentes and put it on my iPod. Same with Fear of a Blank Planet. Oh well
Quote by witchfinder
Does he realize that you can put full CD's on your ipod?

A lot of people don't though. Like the guy above said, smashing iPods is a lot more powerful than deleting MP3s off his computer. It's just about getting the message across in the best way.
There's an extra on the DVD mix that comes with the CD where he talks about what he doesn't like. It's not the iPod, it's what it represents.

Previously, you had to save up for a month then choose a record to buy and then dedicate yourself to the music it had. To really listen to everything there and understand it. Now people can download a bands back catalogue in about an hour then, if it doesn't click with them instantly, delete it.

There are a huge amount of people who just don't have the same respect for music any more. I'm guessing most people here love music, so it doesn't apply to them.
I really don't see the problem with the single song downloading thing. I mean, if it's a concept album, it's a different story, but are the people who are against the single song thing saying that if I want to listen to a band, I should listen to a whole album and not just a single song off their concept abum?
I own an Orange Amp.
Fuck aye Dai.
single song downloading should be just to get an idea about a band...
I downloaded Trains by PT and was immediately hooked...
but then i proceeded to get the albums and the experience was/is amazing!
Page 1 of 2