www.myspace.com/foreverondeafears

I guess we are deathcore but I dont really know or care.
Comments and constructive criticism would be awesome!
oh and if you have an opinion on what genre to fit us into speak up please. :c)
Thanks

Fode
lawlz, i love the christian overtones in the harmonics! praise god
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, RATHER EMAIL MY SITE
beaconcraft@hotmail.com
www.beaconcraft.com

Quote by On Winds of Plague
The problem with these guys, they aren't beating a dead horse, they're sodomizing it, and then charging people to watch the video on the internet.
sounds really cool!
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Yeah Ibanez and Gibson design all their models on their iPods.

Pokémon CYOA
Click here for my electro tunes!

Proud user and abuser of Bugera
Thanks for all the comments guys!
UPDATE: New Vocalist, should have new material with him on it up in the near future.
Thanks alot!

Fode
Good stuff.

However, "Christian deathcore" sounds really ironic to me.

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

It's good, but I don't get why it's Christian. I guess it's because the band members are? Maybe it will be more obvious when vocals are added. I like the clean delay part, a nice interlude. Nice solo too, don't get many technical solos in deathcore w/ out crap loads of processing.
Last edited by na10tbolt at Mar 12, 2009,
Pretty sloppy and at like 1:00 on you slowed the tempo down continually, which didn't work with what you guys were playing. This delay part kicks ass. Mix the guitar louder in the distorted parts. I'm sure this will sound a lot better once the vocals are on here. I think it's funny you guys are christian but have no lyrics on this recording to say you are. Ha. Solo is technically good but the phrasing is kinda random and you guys slow down in it again. C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1086176
GOMEZ
Originally posted by Marroon5MustDie
It's spelled khoyaschotsii. Trust me, I'm a Native American. My name is Running Rainbow.
Thanks for all constructive criticism guys! Yes these are rough tracks so they are not perfect. Also I guess technically they we arent christian yet but once vocals are added it will be. But yea. Should have a brand new track up before april.
(labelling yourself Christian is automatically going to kill your shots of getting any real attention)

I am beginning to wonder why bands don't just "trick" people into listening to their Christian music by...not labelling it Christian. I mean, take off the "Christian" title and now you appear as any other deathcore band. People will listen and probably enjoy (as you guys have some skill, obviously) and then read the lyrics and see what you're all about. I listen to a lot of death metal, black metal, and deathcore (among other metal genres) and the best music comes from bands not rubbing their lyrics in your face. I dont know, maybe its cause religion in pretty stereotypical as far as music comes; it really waters down the songs. I mean, Christian music has a built in fan base just because its Christian. It kind of makes Christian music just annoying in general because it seems very money based. I have friends in Christian bands, and what does that mean? They get to play a million local shows. Is this bad? No. Where are they held? Churches. Its stupid, honestly.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Honestly Ulalume we don't care if we lose a few fans for being a christian band. Its what we believe and how we worship. We arent trying to shove our views down anyones throats. You can believe what you want to believe, we are just worshiping god in our own way. Also we are not in it for money either. I know plenty of people who listen to christian bands who are not christians. Even if you are not a christian, you can still enjoy the music. And we play anywhere not just churches. And how does it water down our songs?

Fode
I agree.

I play in a Christian Metal band as well.

I'm sure bands like TDWP, The Showdown, Norma Jean, etc play in more than just churches.

^Those guys are all Christian bands, and I don't think they've killed their shot at getting attention...

I started listening to all that music because it was good, and then I found out it was Christian. I don't listen to it "just because it's Christian"
Last edited by anulty09 at Mar 14, 2009,
Bloodbath is pretty close to christian death metal right? lol Anyway what is REALLY ironic is christian black metal.
Thanks for all the constructive criticism guys.
UPDATE: to our frustration, we have once again lost our vocalist. If you are in the austin area and could COMMIT to doing vocals we would love to add you to the crew.
God Bless

FODE
I agree with everyone on the clean interlude. That's aweosme.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by Ulalume
(labelling yourself Christian is automatically going to kill your shots of getting any real attention)

I am beginning to wonder why bands don't just "trick" people into listening to their Christian music by...not labelling it Christian. I mean, take off the "Christian" title and now you appear as any other deathcore band. People will listen and probably enjoy (as you guys have some skill, obviously) and then read the lyrics and see what you're all about. I listen to a lot of death metal, black metal, and deathcore (among other metal genres) and the best music comes from bands not rubbing their lyrics in your face. I dont know, maybe its cause religion in pretty stereotypical as far as music comes; it really waters down the songs. I mean, Christian music has a built in fan base just because its Christian. It kind of makes Christian music just annoying in general because it seems very money based. I have friends in Christian bands, and what does that mean? They get to play a million local shows. Is this bad? No. Where are they held? Churches. Its stupid, honestly.

Don't ridicule something that you don't understand. Religion is something that people take to heart, and if they want to sing religiously and label it as Christian music, who are you to tell them that it's stupid?

They play in churches because that is where you go to worship. What do Christian bands sing about? You guessed it, worshiping. If Christian bands try to play in more mainstream places like pubs, art rooms, etc., then people accuse them of trying to indoctrinate others. Simply put, they play in churches because it makes sense to play there.

Some people prefer to sing about Jesus rather than their ex-girlfriend. It's cool if you don't like it, but you don't need to stomp on the genre and wag your finger at it. Ever stop to think that Christian bands aren't playing their music for fame or fortune?
Quote by wahappen

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
I'm sure bands like TDWP, The Showdown, Norma Jean, etc play in more than just churches

I am sure they don't either. For the record, I have seen Norma Jean on three separate occasions.

Don't ridicule something that you don't understand. Religion is something that people take to heart, and if they want to sing religiously and label it as Christian music, who are you to tell them that it's stupid?

They play in churches because that is where you go to worship. What do Christian bands sing about? You guessed it, worshiping. If Christian bands try to play in more mainstream places like pubs, art rooms, etc., then people accuse them of trying to indoctrinate others. Simply put, they play in churches because it makes sense to play there.

Some people prefer to sing about Jesus rather than their ex-girlfriend. It's cool if you don't like it, but you don't need to stomp on the genre and wag your finger at it. Ever stop to think that Christian bands aren't playing their music for fame or fortune?

I understand it plenty, and I wasn't ridiculing either. I am an ex-Christian of many years. I think I have the right to say what I have seen and at least suggest to this band a better road to take with their music. Any music that "preaches" isn't really okay with me, whatever the subject. Sure, I could "enjoy" it but it would be in a non-enjoyable way (that made no sense, but whatever). I like Cattle Decapitation, but they're ****ing annoying with their vegetarianism. Its not exclusively religion, but religion has caused my life the most problems.

Honestly Ulalume we don't care if we lose a few fans for being a christian band. Its what we believe and how we worship. We arent trying to shove our views down anyones throats. You can believe what you want to believe, we are just worshiping god in our own way. Also we are not in it for money either. I know plenty of people who listen to christian bands who are not christians. Even if you are not a christian, you can still enjoy the music. And we play anywhere not just churches. And how does it water down our songs?

Lose some and win a massive amount more. Thats how religion and music work together. I am planning to form a band shortly, and if I went out insisting that I am a Satanist (which I am) I am sure all of the Satanists from the hood would show up (in stark comparison to the religious). People flock to what they want to hear. Unfortunately, Christianity is so heavily monotized it is hard to take anyone serious who is "serious" about their religion while also labelling themselves as a "Christian" band; seeing as it is really just a genius way of marketting to the flock.

It waters the music down just because Christianity and the bible are so bland. I mean, how many thousands of years does it need to exist yet not be proven in any significant way? Its practically a fable and a piece of mythology. I have written songs regarding the bible from this perspective, not bashing Christianity but examining its contents like it is some mythological story. In this sense, it is kind of cool. I mean, the bible is a cool compiliation of stories and perhaps the story of an ideal existance; but its not really worth preaching about as far as I am concerned.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
I'm sorry you've had bad experiences in christianity.
And I'm glad you've finally found a religion that works for you personally.
Like I said we aren't trying to push christianity down anyones throat, we are just worshiping in our own way, and if you dig it, great, if not thats cool too.
If you were to create a satanistic band, good for you, you would just be doing what we are from a different perspective.

But anyways, is there anyone who wants to comment the music, not get in a religious argument?

FODE
Update:
Unfortunantly due to personal issues, we need a new drummer.
So if Anyone is interested in doing drums or vocals, contact us via this thread or our myspace.
Thanks guys!

Fode
Update:
NEW LOGO AND T-SHIRT DESIGN! Just check our default!!!
also we no longer need a drummer.
Should have a few new songs up soon!
Comments and friends are allways accepted.

FODE
New demo song is up now!
Comments and constructive critcism would be awesome.

Fode
No we do not need a vocalist at the moment, we have one named Tommy.

FODE
Hey guys!
Just a little update from the FODE camp.
We are schedualed to enter the studio soon to record our 6 track demo.
We are all extremely excited for this and we hope to get it to you guys as soon as possible.

Also expect more shows in the austin area during the summer.

For now comments and constructive criticism on what we have up now would be awesome and we would enjoy your input.

Thanks guys!

FODE
Extremely catchy pop-tracks mixed with heavy metal screaming which blends together in some songs perfectly. ... oh well… it makes for some decent background music. ... about the real rewards of being in one of the biggest genre-bending bands today. .... Melodic Deathcore (1); Melodic Hardcore (1); Melodic Metal (5)
hey guys.
We are having personal issues with our drummer (again.)
so if you are in the austin area (austin, roundrock, cedar park...) and would love to play drums for us, we would love to have you.
we are not gonna to kick our drummer out until we find a new one unfortunantly.
Once we get a steady drummer, we will hit the studio hard and fast for our demo.
Let us know if you are interested, message us at
thank you.

FODE
i like it, i still lol whenever i hear or see christian deathcore, or christian grindcore. but none the less i like it. dying fetus as an influence, made me chuckle a little but you guys are good.
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6 ( Seymour Duncan SH - 8 Invader Bridge, GFS Crunchy Rails Neck )
Jackson JS30DKT Dinky™ Hard tail ( Stock Pickups )
Fender Squire Stratocaster ( Stock Pickups )
Vox AD15VT Amplifier
Sounds good. I love me some Christian deathcore.

BTW. What bass amp does your bassist use?
We play a similar style and need a bass amp good enough to play with metal drumming, Marshall 1/2 stack and a synth guy.
Last edited by gwath42 at Jun 3, 2009,
Our Bassist Bryan Walters, uses a SWR working man.
Thanks for all the constructive comments!
Update: We now have a new drummer! His name is Spanky and we are very excited to have him. Expect an increase in technicality. Hope to have the demo out soon! :c)

FODE
Update:
We have made a band decision to change our band name from "forever on deaf ears" to "Of Legions"
We felt that forever on deaf ears was too long, and did not reflect the styling of our music. So hope you enjoy the new name, we will have a new myspace up soon.
We are also about done with our set ( 5 songs and an intro. ;D) and hope to be playing shows/recording our demo in late july or early august. Thanks for everything.

Of Legions
Hey Ultimate guitar!
Well we had to change our name again because Of Legions was taken. So I will make a new thread for it soon when we record our demo in a few weeks. Peace thanks for the criticism.

TOA
I'm a christian and i'm like your music but not to be rude deathcore isn't really a good genre for christians. Being christian doesn't mean your bad at it but are you really sure you want to be DEATHcore how bout just hard rock dont comprimise being a christians just because it wil help you get bigger (which it would but you shouldent) one thing i learned from Anvil is that the music business is messed up do not conform.
Quote by MushroomBomb
You live in the Bahamas. That is so ****ing awesome!

Quote by SteveHouse
She is. I can tell you from personal experience.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_S3Z1p9ZXOLY/SZl1U1Rr5gI/AAAAAAAAAAY/bOy3y-xWc5g/S220/Suspicious+Face.jpg[/img]