I want to buy one of these 2 amps for only home practising. I play mostly classic rock, rock, hardrock, and some kinds of metal (not so brutal death or black). So i need good overdrives and even better distortions. I'd like also have good sounding reverb, delay and chorus.
Which of these two amps will be better and why?
Please help me!
Vox.

It has everything you asked for.
The drives are yummy and the effects sound great!
Plus, the cleans are to die for for a practice amp.

Get it.
Roland has better metal sounds. Although, I do get okay metal sounds out of an AD30vt's Numetal model by adding the comp effect and tweaking the lowend.
Look into Vox's new VT (not ADVT) line. I preferred the cube to the original AD range but the new VT's are superior.
Vox VT is over my price range.
Is there any difference in sound between VT and ADVT, in spite of some new features?
If you play mostly rock, definitely the Vox, I think it's better overall anyway, you get more cleans and the effects are better, and you have more control over them. So yeah, go for the vox! and if I were you I'd go for the 30 watt version, which has the power controller knob on it, so you can actually get it quiter than the 15 watt version
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
When I was in your situation (and it sounds like we play the same kind of stuff). I checked out the AD15, 30VT, 30 VTXL, cube 15, 20, & 30. What I ended up liking better then all of those was the VOX DA 20 with the 2x8's. Had I wanted to play more metal I'd have gone with the Cube 30, but the DA 20 was perfect for what I wanted. It's like 1 step back from the distortion of the cube and has better blues tone. Does a pretty good impression of 80's hair metal also. I've since moved on to tubes, but i still play through this about once a week. Had it over 2 years now and no regrets.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by sg4ever
Roland has better metal sounds. Although, I do get okay metal sounds out of an AD30vt's Numetal model by adding the comp effect and tweaking the lowend.

this.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Will vox better sound like guns and roses, metallica, nirvana, green day and sometimes bullet for my valentine and trivium, than roland cube 20x?
Last edited by masters50 at Mar 8, 2009,
honestly I have a cube and I tried the micro cube and the cubes 15, 20 and 30... I never liked any of them, I own the 15 watters and when I use it because my tube amp is too loud, I really hate the tone it gives me.
However, I adore the vox one, so I'd send you towards this one =)