their marketing strategy is really crappy. why do they only advertise their kerry king piece of crap guitars in magazines? why dont they show off anything other then their kerry king models and their bc rich bich 10? why dont they show their new line?
Because the new line is not worth it.

Sorry, I'm an Ibanez Fanboy.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Because There advertising towards stupid kids that don't know any better and see Kerry King and say wow it must be good and then go get there parents to buy one for them
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
It seems to me that BC Rich's sole marketing strategy is to be edgy and provocative. They have models named the Virgin, the Bich (which I don't think is pronounced like a certain brand of lighter), their pickups are called BDSM pickups, and they try to make the most "radical" body styles. So, in my humble opinion, their target demographic is 13-18 year olds. Plus their headstocks remind me of bugs.
Quote by Black-Metal
you sir, are my favourite american

When god gives you lemons, YOU FIND A NEW GOD!
who gives a **** they on avarage make ****ty guitars.

if you want a really bomb tastic one you have to pay up the ass, and at that point you could get a guitar of the same quality for cheaper and for the same money buy one thats better.

why do most metal heads think you need a "brotalz" looking guitar to have a good sound.

its the stupidest thing ever.

on avarage thats the view of most metal players.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 7, 2009,
Or maybe they just like the shape, don't be such an idiot. What if they don't want to be the typical Strat or Les Paul player. Sure they may not be the best looking but who's to stop them from playing it.
Quote by Tigar
Or maybe they just like the shape, don't be such an idiot. What if they don't want to be the typical Strat or Les Paul player. Sure they may not be the best looking but who's to stop them from playing it.

agree'd, besides, what if they feel good for them? if they wanna play it, then let them play it (I still wanna play the stealth.... )
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Kahn89
It seems to me that BC Rich's sole marketing strategy is to be edgy and provocative. They have models named the Virgin, the Bich (which I don't think is pronounced like a certain brand of lighter), their pickups are called BDSM pickups, and they try to make the most "radical" body styles. So, in my humble opinion, their target demographic is 13-18 year olds. Plus their headstocks remind me of bugs.

I can relate to that. I really like how thier guitars look. fortnatly for me I asked around and heard that though they look cool they don;t have as good of a sound as guitars of the same price. And it was mainly the V that sparked my interset and almost everyone ahs one of those. And ESP's AX looks pretty similar to the Warlock so I'l live without B.C. Rich (though that Draco looks friggen awesome )
Have a good one,
Phoenix
aside from the guitarist for Five Finger Death Punch, Kerry King is the most well known guitarist who uses BC Rich and who has a trademark with BC Rich, so in order to market there OTHER guitars they have to market Kerry King first. Not to mention its also what the guitar magazines want to display.

And no bc rich doesn't ONLY market to 13-18 y.o. kids, some players such as me REALLY dont want to play a guitar that looks like a strat or les paul, i dont like the shapes of strats or super-strats, im a big guy so i like the feel of a larger guitar body than a small light weight body.

No the market is not ONLY to metal heads, it just BECAME that in the late 80's since most guitarist who played metal or some form of it played bc rich guitars, Bernie Ricos' ACTUAL target was to those who love the body, style and shape of cars, mainly sports cars, and he wanted to incorporate the glamor of a car into his guitars.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell