I got this Ibanez last year and just recently gotten good enough to play it (I've been playing for 9 months). At the time that I bought it I had styles like Steve Vai and Joe Satriani in mind, but today it seems that I went back to my original styles which are Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, Japanese rock etc.

I tried the SG on my 3rd month playing and couldn't play anything back then. I might go and try this guitar again next week, but the question is, does it really worth it? I think it will serve me better than the Ibanez, but there comes the question of quality - the Ibanez cost me around 400 in USD and it's built really well. Since the G-400 is a "budget guitar" I'm a little bit concerned about the quality.

Help will be appreciated

P.S. I already tried the Epi Les Paul, but being underweight (47kg :P) cancels it out for me.
play both, see which one feels better to you
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
play both, see which one feels better to you

I picked the Ibanez mainly for its neck, so maybe I should really try the both again

Anything you can say about the quality of the G-400? Does it stay in tune?
Quote by AeroDave
I picked the Ibanez mainly for its neck, so maybe I should really try the both again

Anything you can say about the quality of the G-400? Does it stay in tune?

mine does,good quality the only thing thats really different to a gibson is the binding and whammy bar (which you probably dont want)

and take in mind your just paying for the brand thats why gibsons cost so much
some epiphones are just as good
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
^find out for yourself, you already own it man, its not like your just buying it or anything

I think you misunderstood ^^;;
I only got one guitar and that's the Ibanez, but I'm thinking about getting the SG.

And thanks guys, I hope I'll have a chance to go on Monday
If anyone has anything more to say then please do.
Id get the epiphone used, and make sure its a korean.

then like some guy said take it to a tech to make sure its alright and set it up.

mod the pots, i already did on my Epiphone black beauty.

and change out the pups.

if you buy used this could easily cost you 300-400 and in the end youll have a much better guitar than any epiphone of the rack.
You might want to try the G400 Gothic. Yeah its basic in looks but all the ingredients of a good guitar are in there and will leave you change for any upgrades you might fancy. Bet you love the fretboard.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

G-400's are iffy guitars at best, i didnt like the fact the neck threw the balance off making it top heavy which is a pain, the pickups are hit or miss on them too.

they arent a bad guitar but something better could be found for 399.99
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
have you ever heard of dillion.

type in "dillion guitar" on ebay and tell me what you find.

some of the bombest, best well priced entry level guitars available.

i played one of there SRV takes at sam ash used of course, and it was fantastic.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 7, 2009,
I like my G-400, it's a tank and stays in tune for a week or more no problem. It feels very solid and well made, I got no problems recommending one.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2