Page 1 of 3
this is my first time so i dont know what to expect. i know to take cover and that its going to hurt like hell. so how can i stop some damage? should i wear like 2 shirt and a sweater? A cup maybe? i have a face mask but dont want to hit in the neck. i'm going in a few hours. should i just wear extra clothes or invest in some protection gear before i go? i'm just nervous about getting hit in the nuts and neck/head/face.
Don't be a pussy. You need to cut the nipples out of your shirt, pull your dick and balls through your fly, and spread your arse wherever you go.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Don't be a pussy. You need to cut the nipples out of your shirt, pull your dick and balls through your fly, and spread your arse wherever you go.

Still laughing!
Quote by U-neek
Now that is an epic win right there!!!!

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
PSN: Livewire410
The only thing that really hurts is when you got shot in the neck. Dont worry about all that other ****, itll sting like hell for 30 sec and then its done. Then you have some awesome welts to show people.
It honestly doesnt hurt very much unless ur hit from very close or something. I usually do wear a cup though, just in case. If the place ur going to is like where I go and is heavily wooded, wear jeans, maybe a long sleeve shirt. For the most part people dont really aim for ur head, unless theyre gonna be dicks about it.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
It honestly doesn't hurt much. You'll be so pumped up with adrenaline you won't really feel it. If you were just standing about and someone shot you it'd hurt like hell, but in the heat of the moment you hardly notice it.

EDIT:
Oh, and make sure you tie you shoelaces. Last time I played my mate didn't, so when we jumped through this ditch thing, his shoe came off in the mud and he spent the remaining ten minutes of the game looking for it We never did find it
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Last edited by Random88 at Mar 7, 2009,
Wearing gloves is a good idea. Jeans can help, and maybe an extra t-shirt if you want to be extra sure, but it doesn't really hurt that much. Definitely gloves though, 'cause getting shot on your hand hurts like hell.
Make sure you wear gloves.

It really doesn't hurt that much. You may get a little bruise and the most I ever had was a cut on my hand but that's because I didn't have any gloves on.

It can sting sometimes but it's seriously overhyped. Make sure you take cover. Pretend you really are going to die if you get shot. It is sometimes quite fun to go on suicide runs though. We won once by doing that. Good times..
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
one shirt and a sweatshirt and jeans

thats all you'd need

(you'll probably need shoes and a facemask as well)
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by rabidguitarist

i might sig this.
but it would sound a bit out of context
First time I went paintballing I got shot right in the throat. Thats the only time it really hurt
-I don't believe this, my girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!

-In a row?
Wearing a cup is a great idea. My dad learned the hard way. Obviously he isn't sterile, but that had to hurt like a bitch.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
If you get shot up close it could hurt, but I guess that depends on the people you're playing with. I've never played paintball, but my younger sister has, and she said it hurts less than airsoft, and airsoft isn't that bad.
Quote by rockerskater12
But i do i protect my neck?

Like this.

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by skater5thg
i might sig this.
but it would sound a bit out of context

It'd never sound out of context:

"Mum, I think I'm gay. Me, Union Jake and some other guys just had a circle jerk..."

"Don't be a pussy. You need to cut the nipples out of your shirt, pull your dick and balls through your fly, and spread your arse wherever you go."
Quote by TheWickerMan666
It'd never sound out of context:

"Mum, I think I'm gay. Me, Union Jake and some other guys just had a circle jerk..."

"Don't be a pussy. You need to cut the nipples out of your shirt, pull your dick and balls through your fly, and spread your arse wherever you go."

hmmmm...
just wear gloves, headwear will be given to you
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
it doesnt hurt as much as people say, they say that to freak you out, but wear a cup that does hurt lol, o and remember dont spend to much time aiming cause then you make yourself a target, but dont pray and spray either cause then your just wasting your paintballs, id say wear a jacket you dont like as much to protect your clothes, i like hoodies cause they cover the back of your head and neck
Quote by hide_the_beer
"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

crazy?

Quote by hide_the_beer
Aw man. Out of context! People are going to think I'm crazy.

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

nope
Quote by rockerskater12
But i do i protect my neck?

Well there should be a rule to not shoot under a certain distance and the mask may cover the front if your neck. Just wear a scarf if your really worried.
I hid up a tree and just shot people from above
sniper methods ftw
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Sure thing, bud.

It's common paint balling etiquette (and any paintballers here can back me up) for first timers to remove their shirt and be a target before the game starts. This is commonly known as "tie-dying".

It kind of sucks but that's how it works.

So to let them know you know what you're doing, show up, remove the shirt, and scream "tie-dye me!!!!!"

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Last edited by AlecMag at Mar 7, 2009,
I sigged it
Quote by U-neek
Now that is an epic win right there!!!!

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
PSN: Livewire410
Dude, it doesn't hurt that bad, believe me.

As for some other tips, don't even run and shoot at the same time. That only works in action movies, in paintball it makes you run slower, are more exposed, and odds are that you won't hit anything while running anyways. When you get behind cover, peek your head out. If nobody is there to shoot you, keep your head peeked out and your gun at the ready. You do this because when the enemy has somebody behind cover, and THEY peek their head out, you'll be ready to shoot them Also, work with the people around you. Your team probably won't have a set strategy where everyone has a job, however if you work with the people around you then you can at least make sure that your area of the field is getting their job done and killing some bad guys.

That's all i can think of, best of luck bro, you're gonna have a lot of fun
Quote by Another bassist
Dude, it doesn't hurt that bad, believe me.

As for some other tips, don't even run and shoot at the same time. That only works in action movies, in paintball it makes you run slower, are more exposed, and odds are that you won't hit anything while running anyways. When you get behind cover, peek your head out. If nobody is there to shoot you, keep your head peeked out and your gun at the ready. You do this because when the enemy has somebody behind cover, and THEY peek their head out, you'll be ready to shoot them Also, work with the people around you. Your team probably won't have a set strategy where everyone has a job, however if you work with the people around you then you can at least make sure that your area of the field is getting their job done and killing some bad guys.

That's all i can think of, best of luck bro, you're gonna have a lot of fun

You seem to be experienced, isn't my rule of paintball etiquette listed above completely true?

srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by AlecMag
Sure thing, bud.

It's common paint balling etiquette (and any paintballers here can back me up) for first timers to remove their shirt and be a target before the game starts. This is commonly known as "tie-dying".

It kind of sucks but that's how it works.

So to let them know you know what you're doing, show up, remove the shirt, and scream "tie-dye me!!!!!"

Oh dear god, if this is true, it alone will make me not want to go lol
really?
what the hell, it's not bad at all, be a man.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
Oh dear god, if this is true, it alone will make me not want to go lol

It's not as bad as it sounds, and you will have some epic battle scars

EDIT: most of the people will be nice and not be too close anyway.

srsly.

Last edited by AlecMag at Mar 7, 2009,
To reiterate the above, it doesn't hurt that bad. Just don't get shot in the neck/balls/face and you'll be fine.

I've full-auto'd myself in the hand, at point blank range, on almost an illegal PSI and I was fine. Don't be a pussy.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
oh man i love paintball i used to be so good at it, but we grew out of it

i was an enforcer id rush and try and trip them up unexpectadly

if you hide you will lose period, cuz your so easy to be rushed

i dunno the size of your teams, and im guessing this isnt tournament but oh well, you need 2 ppl who are like anchors at the back, they are used for cover fire, but they will need to move around otherwise they will be open targets, 2 others go to the middle and are not enforcers but more like snipe shots, the enforcers run at the other team pretty much, and if your fast and get them hemmed in you will almost undoubtably win

anyways have fun man paintball=the ****
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Page 1 of 3