So i've got my eye on the TT, but anyone fancy directing me towards a good od to help drive this thing insane? I reckon with a decent od an the MXR10band EQ i could get a decent metal tone?
The one legged chickens from outer space made me do it!
I think that it can do metal alright - not perfect, but acceptable. Stick a Maxon OD808 or something like that in front of it.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
You want a metal tone? Get something that's voiced for it and has more headroom. You'll probably won't be too pleased when your tight sounding metal tone sounds like a wet fart when you turn it up.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You'll probably won't be too pleased when your tight sounding metal tone sounds like a wet fart when you turn it up.

Hmm this could be true, I've only played the TT at about half to maybe 2/3 volume.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I'll be honest tho. i aint gonna be using it to do gigs and with it on the 7watt setting shouldnt it tighten up a bit?
What "metal," like modern metal? You have to take into consideration that it's a British voiced amp.
I want something for metal, but something small. i dont need more than like 20W.
was looking at laney LC15s an such, but they still aint got that 'pizaz'
I'll recommend the Hardwire CM-2, its got lots of gain available for an OD pedal.

IMO the tiny terror is great for metal (especially NWOBHM, thrash and doom), but terrible for really high gain stuff. The thing is, MOST metal bands don't use ridiculous amounts of gain.

Listen to the clip in my profile, that was done with an EQ pedal (boosted the mids) and the amp gain set just over 1/2.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by FischmungaXTR
I'll recommend the Hardwire CM-2, its got lots of gain available for an OD pedal.

IMO the tiny terror is great for metal (especially NWOBHM, thrash and doom), but terrible for really high gain stuff. The thing is, MOST metal bands don't use ridiculous amounts of gain.

Listen to the clip in my profile, that was done with an EQ pedal (boosted the mids) and the amp gain set just over 1/2.

sounds very nice!!