Page 1 of 11
some douche friends i have at school say that a7x isnt metal there hard rock and there all posers. yes i know my friends r retarded. but tell me what u think so i can shove it there faces. im a HUGE a7x fan, i have all there albums and dvd's.
A7X are not metal, they show no characteristics of being a metal band other than stealing riffs and solos from metal bands.

Answered your question?
Originally metalcore, a subgenre of hardcore punk fused with metal. Now they're progressive-tinged hard-rock.

So, no, never have been, and aren't.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Agreed with UncleCthulhu.
I don't really see how they are metal. They're more punk/ska in my eyes.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Their****

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
was metalcore, now metal, never hard-rock

I disagree, their recent material sounds further from being metal than their older material so to say they are now metal is ridiculous.
They were metal before, not sure what to call them now. Only reason people say they arent metal is because theyre slightly popular and anything with even a slight bit of popularity isnt "true metal".
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
They were metal before, not sure what to call them now. Only reason people say they arent metal is because theyre slightly popular and anything with even a slight bit of popularity isnt "true metal".

No, they aren't metal because they don't sound like metal.

Just because they use distorted guitars doesn't mean they automatically become metal.
was metal-core for their first 2 albums then added more of a thrashy tinge on city of evil and now are progessive hard-rock so to answer the question they were now they aren't
(btw i'm a huge fan too)
Yes, progressive hard rock is definitely a proper description of their music, even though they lack 90% of progressive rock's defining features.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Your friends are silly for calling them poseurs, they're quite openly 'mainstream rock'. It's not like they pretend to be metal.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
Your friends are silly for calling them poseurs, they're quite openly 'mainstream rock'. It's not like they pretend to be metal.

It says they're metal on their Myspace
Quote by STABxYOU

They used to.

And, Slarti, I should have said modern progressive hard rock. They use a more modern progressive style. Like Muse, Radiohead, or Three.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by UncleCthulhu
No, they aren't metal because they don't sound like metal.

Just because they use distorted guitars doesn't mean they automatically become metal.

They sounded like 90% of other metal bands, so yea, id say thats metal.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
i cant even think of what to say to all of u people that say there not metal!! if your a fan this isnt oin to you (at least your a fan) but all u other fags. wtf.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
It says they're metal on their Myspace

Yeah, but does Guns 'N' Roses.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Ktool The Girth

They sounded like Motorhead? Vader? Incantation? Blasphemy? Gorgoroth? The Axis of Perdition? Fornost? Sonata Arctica? Immortal? Judas Priest? Judas Iscariot? Elvenking? Maiden? Crimson Glory? Hellhammer? Mordor? Strapping Young Lad? Carcass? Napalm Death? Nile? Megadeth? Master's Hammer? 666Satanic Army666? Slave Whipping Blasphemy? My Dying Bride? Electric Wizard? Dream theater? Death? Glam Angel 666?

Yep, thought so.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Ktool The Girth

no they don't, unless by 90% of other metal bands you mean the radio rock bands

btw, have you ever listened to metal? name some metal bands
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
Quote by Slaytanic1993
They sounded like Motorhead? Vader? Incantation? Blasphemy? Gorgoroth? The Axis of Perdition? Fornost? Sonata Arctica? Immortal? Judas Priest? Judas Iscariot? Elvenking? Maiden? Crimson Glory? Hellhammer? Mordor? Strapping Young Lad? Carcass? Napalm Death? Nile? Megadeth? Master's Hammer? 666Satanic Army666? Slave Whipping Blasphemy? My Dying Bride? Electric Wizard? Dream theater? Death? Glam Angel 666?

Yep, thought so.

Quote by destroy_techno

There were two other gems in there

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by SG_Player93
i cant even think of what to say to all of u people that say there not metal!! if your a fan this isnt oin to you (at least your a fan) but all u other fags. wtf.

this is a METAL forum, we don't call just anything vaguely similar metal, try going onto the jazz forum and talking about how slash is you favorite jazz guitarist, you might find a similar reaction
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
Quote by Slaytanic1993

Yep, thought so.

Way to name every band Im not refering to.

Quote by Nihil
no they don't, unless by 90% of other metal bands you mean the radio rock bands

btw, have you ever listened to metal? name some metal bands

Shadows fall, All that remains, Children of bodom, In flames, Metallica, Cannible Corpse, Between the buried and me, Black dahlia Murder, etc.
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92
Quote by Slaytanic1993

And, Slarti, I should have said modern progressive hard rock. They use a more modern progressive style. Like Muse, Radiohead, or Three.

That's hardly progressive, though. It's called alternative rock, and they don't fit that bill either.

Quote by Sally

By order:

No, yes, yes, no, yes, no, no, yes, no, no, no, no, yes, no, yes, no, no, only in their latest album, no, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, no, yes, yes, slightly more gay but yes, and who?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
1. Way to name every band Im not refering to.

2. Shadows fall, All that remains, Children of bodom, In flames, Metallica, Cannible Corpse, Between the buried and me, Black dahlia Murder, etc.

1. Whoosh, right? That just went over your head....right??

2. 6 of those aren't metal, two were metal, only one is straight metal.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
1. Whoosh, right? That just went over your head....right??

2. 6 of those aren't metal, two were metal, only one is straight metal.

Care to enlighten me then? I was under the impression that they were all metal
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92
Enlightenment:

Shadows Fall (while good) are metalcore with thrash spurts and attempts.
Children of Bodom (at least now) are metalcore with some power influences.
All That Remains are whiny metalcore.
In Flames were melodic death metal and are now whiny metalcore.
Metallica were thrash, and are now mediocre hard-rock.
Cannibal Corpse are death metal.
TBDM is straight up metalcore with some death influences and very bad vocals.

Quote by eggsandham2
cob, in flames arn't metalcore.

metalcore is influenced by them...that doesn't make them metalcore.

edit: and i think ur confusing ****tyness with being metalcore.

In flames' new stuff is crappy...but theres no -core elements at all.
Last edited by fowles06 at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Enlightenment:

Shadows Fall (while good) are metalcore with thrash spurts and attempts.
Children of Bodom (at least now) are metalcore with some power influences.
All That Remains are whiny metalcore.
In Flames were melodic death metal and are now whiny metalcore.
Metallica were thrash, and are now mediocre hard-rock.
Cannibal Corpse are death metal.
TBDM is straight up metalcore with some death influences and very bad vocals.

Some songs maybe, but I dont see how theyre core
How is bodom core? Last I checked, they sounded nothing like it
All that remains is more metal than hardcore
Again, sound nothing like core
Metallica I was mostly referring to black album and before
TBDM again, sound nothing like metalcore.
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92
All That Remains aren't metalcore in your eyes? Neither is TBDM? Nor Bodom?

Whatever, I don't care enough to continue. Enjoy being genre illiterate if you think ATR isn't metalcore.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
All That Remains aren't metalcore in your eyes? Neither is TBDM? Nor Bodom?

Whatever, I don't care enough to continue. Enjoy being genre illiterate if you think ATR isn't metalcore.

Never said that. Bodom and TBDM sound nothing like core. Again, feel free to enlighten me rather than just call me stupid and leave.
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92
Were metalcore, are now hard rock with bits of metal here and there. So it's not stupid to call them metal or hard rock.

But they don't go in this forum.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Last edited by duncang at Mar 7, 2009,
Slay....

To be fair, Bodom is metal. They just blow.

To Threadstarter and Ktool:

You asked the metal forum's opinion on if they're metal or not. Overwhelmingly, the opinion is that they're not on grounds that they don't sound like metal bands.

What more do you want? Go listen to Blasphemy or Incantation or Helloween or Fates Warning or Atheist and come back and tell us they're metal.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Ktool The Girth
Way to name every band Im not refering to.

Shadows fall, All that remains, Children of bodom, In flames, Metallica, Cannible Corpse, Between the buried and me, Black dahlia Murder, etc.

you are a moron

seriously.
Edit: i agree with slay
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Last edited by CG Man16 at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote by Contraband
Slay....

To be fair, Bodom is metal. They just blow.

To Threadstarter and Ktool:

You asked the metal forum's opinion on if they're metal or not. Overwhelmingly, the opinion is that they're not on grounds that they don't sound like metal bands.

What more do you want? Go listen to Blasphemy or Incantation or Helloween or Fates Warning or Atheist and come back and tell us they're metal.

So anything that doesnt sound like those bands isnt metal?
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92
Quote by Ktool The Girth
So anything that doesnt sound like those bands isnt metal?

Woosh.
I've found Jesus
apparently it's too complicated for ts and ktool.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?