So our band has about 3 full songs written, along with an intro/outro. We have a show April 4th. Our singer's former band had the show booked, but since they've broken up, we're going to play it. (It was just a battle of bands anyway)

So, since we've less than a month before our first show, we kind of want some people to know us and attend, so we have a myspace set up and all that. However, we dont have any music recorded to put up on it. We also dont really have the $$ to go and get a short CD made, so is there an easy way we can record ourselves at practice or something?

Our other guitarist has a huge mixer (like 24 channels) so is there some way we can hook that up to do it?
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
yeah, we have mics so we could do that i guess, but what else do we need to actually record it?
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
plug everything into the mixer, and send the output of that to a computer with a decent soundcard and recording software (audacity will do) and you're set.
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
ull need something to save the recording onto

what kind of mixer is it? is it analogue or didigtal? if its digital it might ave built in hard drive/cd writer, if its analogue it wont and ud need an external hard drive....or can run it thru the mixer and then out into a pc, where u can save it for. But for this you will need an audio interface to make it possible for you to connect the mixer to the pc.
Zoom H2?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I have a Boss Br-600. About $400 (a little pricey but far less expensive than sufficient studio time). My last band never got a full song sufficiently recorded but I did use the onboard mics to record the drums and it sounded pretty good (better than expected). Just a suggestion. Plugging the mixer in the computer is also an option but you'll need to fully mic the drums.