Hey
I heard that the Ibanez TS9 and the boss SD-1 Super Overdrive were very similar and that there is only a few different components make them sound different, Is this true??? And why is the TS9 more expensive than the SD-1 ??? is it technically better???

Also I have another question, I know you can pay for mods for the SD-1 but can you do them yourself??? How hard is it??? What parts do I need to buy an where can I get them from???

Thanks for your help,

Please Reply!!!!!!!!!
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
Poll?

Anyway, I would grab the tubescreamer.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
The SD-1 is literally three componets away from the TS9. However, those three componets make a huge difference, because the TS9 sounds way better. You could get the boss modded by keeley and have a great pedal, but you could get yout TS9 modded by keeley and have an amazing pedal.
why are you so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Quote by sanks1
The SD-1 is literally three componets away from the TS9. However, those three componets make a huge difference, because the TS9 sounds way better. You could get the boss modded by keeley and have a great pedal, but you could get yout TS9 modded by keeley and have an amazing pedal.

my amp has great gain but i feel like i want a modded sd1 and ts9..
███████████████████████████████████
Last edited by tona_107 at Mar 7, 2009,
check out the CM-2 overdrive.

I like it over the TS9 alot, the pedal is a major booster especially in the EQ responsive ness.

its alot more versatile because it gives you a two band EQ, it might get buzzy but if you know how to use it right its easily something i look over.

It also has this little voicing switch witch to tell you the truth you wont notice if your a blues player but if your into high gain youll notice a huge diffrence in palm mutting.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 7, 2009,