So im like ****in lightning on one string but ofc thats not gonna bring me far :P i can playlike the basic minor scale quite fast too but thats just fing boring i can move along the fret board but this is where the trouble starts:

1 i keep getting the urge to move back a few notes i alreeady played and then move on further down

2 I see guys on youtube with like 4 fingers alligned How can you do thta without hitting the same note twice?

Ty in advance
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
If you want to learn to shred, you might want to try learning ALL your modes... ionian (major) dorian phrygian lydian mixolydian aeolian (or minor) and locrian. That is one reason why you can play the minor scale, and tend on repeatign it, because you're unsure where to go from there. If you know your modes, you can play aeolian and link it to other modes, expanding your fret knowledge.

As for aligning four fingers, it is more of a "good technique" per say, some people can do it, some cant. For example, I leave my pinky out (which is bad form) and throw it in when I need to use it. If you want to try playing with all your fingers together, put an elastic on your fretting fingers and see how hard it is.

MODES = SHRED

ESP WA-600 - Ibanez RG350DX - Fender 60th Anniversary Strat

JSX 212 Combo - Peavey Vypyr 30

Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Quote by NickoAbate
If you want to learn to shred, you might want to try learning ALL your modes... ionian (major) dorian phrygian lydian mixolydian aeolian (or minor) and locrian. That is one reason why you can play the minor scale, and tend on repeatign it, because you're unsure where to go from there. If you know your modes, you can play aeolian and link it to other modes, expanding your fret knowledge.

As for aligning four fingers, it is more of a "good technique" per say, some people can do it, some cant. For example, I leave my pinky out (which is bad form) and throw it in when I need to use it. If you want to try playing with all your fingers together, put an elastic on your fretting fingers and see how hard it is.

MODES = SHRED

this man knows his stuff
Quote by NickoAbate

MODES = SHRED

:d thx gonna check web and ask teacher for those things
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Go read the Advanced Techniques sticky. All the help with speed you'll ever need.
Call me Batman.
Modes = Theory
Theory = Good Playing
Good Playing = Good for anything from shread to blues

Also, just so you know, Modes = Bitch
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
Modes = Theory
Theory = Good Playing
Good Playing = Good for anything from shread to blues

Also, just so you know, Modes = Bitch

Not necessarily. Anyone could buy a theory book and memorize it, doesn't mean they can play.
kk il check UG for advanced things otherwise il check some other things wth google . ty
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
how do you mean, aligned fingers? just all 4 fingers playing on one string?
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by bikerboyjosh
how do you mean, aligned fingers? just all 4 fingers playing on one string?

no you see like people playing 4 fingers per string and then moving up and down with their positions over the strings
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Last edited by Lobyte at Mar 8, 2009,