Poll: Do you like Jimmy Fallon's new show and have you seen it?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like Jimmy Fallon's new show and have you seen it?
Saw it, liked it.
13 11%
Saw it, hated it.
26 22%
Didn't see it, looks good.
6 5%
Didn't see it, looks awful.
40 34%
Meh.
34 29%
Voters: 119.
Yes, not Kimmel...Fallon.

God help this poor guy, he easily has the worst late-night show around.

Mind you he only has 5 shows in so far, but I saw a couple and well...they're just awful.

Discuss.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
Now guys, let's remember that when Conan started as a late night host, he wasn't the best one as well. Infact, he was very unpopular.

It takes some time for someone to get the hang of it and become an awesome late night host.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Is it just me or is Kimmel always lit out of his mind, I can never see his eyes.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
i think he is still getting used to it once he does a couple more shows he will be a lot better
I liked it.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by master
Where's Conan??

Where the **** is Conan? He didn't leave did he?? OH GOD! CONAN!?!

He's back June 1st in Jays spot. Until then we can't even watch reruns cause of this schmuck.
Quote by Erik_Aero
He's back June 1st in Jays spot. Until then we can't even watch reruns cause of this schmuck.

Well as long as he's coming back it's all good. I was worried for a moment!
I so his opening stand up and it was ****ing awful.

I haven't seen any other american 'late' shows so it might compare favourably or badly, but it was dire.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Yall are giving him a hard time. Conan sucked for like the first 5 years that he hosted Late Night.
Quote by Eruption1991
Now guys, let's remember that when Conan started as a late night host, he wasn't the best one as well. Infact, he was very unpopular.

It takes some time for someone to get the hang of it and become an awesome late night host.

this guy knows what he's talking about.

i'll give him a year before i put him up there with carson daly. although, i do like how he got the roots on there.
Sent from my iPad.
I doubt it'll ever be as funny as Conan, but I enjoyed him on SNL (which I realize is something I probably shouldn't be saying on these forums), so I plan on watching it at some point.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
So far the show bombs. He's really nervous when he is on stage. I guess he needs some time to lose the stage fright.

Im also really disappointing by the lack of interaction between at least one of the band members and Fallon. Again, this might be because they don't really know each other yet and it might get better.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Last edited by DZCunuck at Mar 7, 2009,
i kinda see some potential.
he seems soo much more funny when the guests come on, so it's just gonna take some time to get his monologue down.
and maybe avoid the SNL like skits with that big tv.. if he continues with that, it might be the end of him..
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Max Weinberg is moving to the Tonight Show with Conan, isn't he? What's the new Late Night band like?

I actually wanted to check it out. I know the first few episodes 'll be bad, he doesn't have his footing, etc., but I think he could potentially surprise us. Someday...
DOWN&OUT
Max and the MW7 is staying with conan. jimmy's band is The Roots
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by Jett Diamond
Max Weinberg is moving to the Tonight Show with Conan, isn't he? What's the new Late Night band like?

I actually wanted to check it out. I know the first few episodes 'll be bad, he doesn't have his footing, etc., but I think he could potentially surprise us. Someday...

I hope so. He was a huge part of Conan's show.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by mikko 9119
Max and the MW7 is staying with conan. jimmy's band is The Roots

Thank God Max and the MW7 are staying with Conan. I always hated Jay Leno's guitarist--I was REALLY hoping they didn't try to stick him with Conan or something.
DOWN&OUT
Oh my god... i just saw the first episode... fail my friends.

A lame monologue, a stupid game where audience members licked things (...)... and thats it. Oh please, Jimmy just die.

When Conan starts doing the tonight show?
Props to the user above me, he successfully used the searchbar.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
The show itself is just bad. The set is terrible (color scheme makes it look really small), the band gives him NOTHING to work with comedy-wise, whereas other hosts either make fun of their bands (conan) or chat with them (leno/letterman), and the writers aren't giving him anything funny to work with. Conan's the kind of guy who would just scrap everything in that situation and do something outside the box to be funny. Fallon, on the other hand, doesn't have that comedy gene. He's just an actor who's done work in comedy.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
The show itself is just bad. The set is terrible (color scheme makes it look really small), the band gives him NOTHING to work with comedy-wise, whereas other hosts either make fun of their bands (conan) or chat with them (leno/letterman), and the writers aren't giving him anything funny to work with. Conan's the kind of guy who would just scrap everything in that situation and do something outside the box to be funny. Fallon, on the other hand, doesn't have that comedy gene. He's just an actor who's done work in comedy.

Indeed. I was so used to Conan, but this isnt an excuse to fallon. The jokes were bad, he doesn't have that "talk host" posture, and the segments were just stupid.
Its the first episode i see and i think i lost interest pretty quickly. I dont know whats more to come.
Quote by daytripper75
i didn't see it yet, but i'm not much of a fan of him.

same here. he wasn't that great on SNL.
i haven't seen it

the only late night shows i watch are Letterman and Craig Ferguson.

Ferguson is nothing short of hilarious
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Its been around 2 months of show, i cant take it anymore.
Each show sucks more them the last and i still haven't laugh.
Quote by Jimmer1720
Yes, not Kimmel...Fallon.

God help this poor guy, he easily has the worst late-night show around.

Mind you he only has 5 shows in so far, but I saw a couple and well...they're just awful.

Discuss.

Conan Owned him
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I thought the President of the Audience shtick was pretty funny.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
You mean when they elected some random guy form the audience? Man that sucked
More like Jimmy Failin'.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by RHCP94
More like Jimmy Failin'.

x2

From all i watched, heres how it goes:

To make sure Late Night with Jimmy Fallon works: (or make your own)

1) make bad jokes that no one laughs, on the monologue
2) try to do more bad jokes after the bad jokes, so the audience doesn't react again
3) make sure theres an applause sign
4) Make sure, you (the host) laugh on every joke you say, even if they arent funny
5) do the most terrible sketches ever
6) Show how bad you are acting
7) Always, ALWAYS bring famous guests to your show, so it doesn't suck more them it does