hey

the new MGs have come out/coming out.
are they gonna be as bad as the old ones? also, i cant believe they are bringing out another range of MGs as EVERYONE hates them (people who buy are beginners who dont know)
heres link
http://www.marshallamps.com/product_range.asp?productCode=MG100FX%201x12

the way they have MG "splodged" onto them makes me laugh
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Old news.

Anyways, they are a bit better than the old MGs.
Still not worth the price though. Most of the change (IMO) is just cosmetic.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
they've managed to make them more obnoxious looking than they were before by plastering MG!!! on them in massive letters. It's as if Marshall actually think the name MG is making them any money whatsoever rather than the plastic part on the grill cloth
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
they've managed to make them more obnoxious looking than they were before by plastering MG!!! on them in massive letters. It's as if Marshall actually think the name MG is making them any money whatsoever rather than the plastic part on the grill cloth

You're totally right.
And I'm diggin' the end of your sig dude. Hahaha.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Quote by cgolden
You're totally right.
And I'm diggin' the end of your sig dude. Hahaha.

oh stop....

But really, if Marshall could somehow make an amp more horrible sounding than the MG, publicly broadcast that it is horrendous (even get ZW to say the overdrive gargles balls) but at the same time make the fact that it is a Marshall even more glaringly obvious (maybe an amp in the actual shape of the logo or something) you could guarantee that some retards would still buy it because of "OMG-ITZ-A-MARSHALL-LOLOL"-itis
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
It's funny how everyone's bashing them when no ones probably tried one of the new ones yet. Who knows, maybe they're decent practice amps now?

But the old ones are ****.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
People need to relax. Nothing wrong with the mg as a practice amp.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
dude wtf marshall makes some of the best amps ever. how could u say they suck so bad. i have an MG and i LOVE it, and most of my guitar playing frineds love it to!
you can go listen to the demo's on the website. sounds better than my MG30DFX, but still not so awesome.
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
The MG10 is a good practise amp no matter what all you haters say. I can imagine the MG30 for those who wants a little bit more volume, but the 100 and the other loud ones are just unnecessary - they are made purely to trick people into making bad decisions, I agree with that.

Who knows, maybe the new MG series will be the best practise amps on the market (atleast the MG10 when it comes to tone/$).

However, I would never touch anything that is not tube. Your first guitar should always be a cheap acoustic, and if you feel serious about it, you put some serious cash into it too. I see no reason why you should buy some mid-end gear as an upgrade.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Last edited by Hultan at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote by blind.quardian
Its pure ANALOGUE!!

That's how they make the overdrive so CRUSHING!

Screw your tubes!
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by SG_Player93
dude wtf marshall makes some of the best amps ever. how could u say they suck so bad. i have an MG and i LOVE it, and most of my guitar playing frineds love it to!

/FAIL

Pleeeeeez tell me your a troll........
I own an old MG. And well...... IT FREAKIN SUCKS! I can't stand the thing! Marshall thinks they can slap there signature logo on a crappy solid state and *BAM* its amazing. Psh.
who gives a **** just dont buy it and call it a day, you know it sucks why does the whole world need to know.
Quote by Sampy
That's how they make the overdrive so CRUSHING!

Screw your tubes!

and it absolutely sounds SLAMMING!!
Yup the new MGs are **** but the old DFX series weren't bad. well the 10, 15, 30, 100 and 100 head were but the 50 and 250 were pretty good
I don't care, I just got a JCM 800 2205.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by nightraven
now's time to see how huge the bandwagon has grown

+1

I've heard of the new ones, but I've not actually heard them. So I'm just going to shut my mouth. I advise all other people who have not tried them to do the same. Seriously, that bandwagon is useful to some extent, but this is getting out of hand now.

EDIT: I also don't see what's wrong about their looks. They look like any other modern Marshall amp to me.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote by SG_Player93

please change your name. you dont deserve it.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
I havnt played a new one yet, i suppose they must have made some improvement to them...
im gonna try one next time i go to GAK, which shud be soon, just out of intrest
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
I like how the majority of UG bashes the MG and Spider amps, while half of UG, if not more, use an MG or Spider. When I used to post frequently on this forum, I remember seeing a lot of people put their gear in their sig with smiley faces and frowny faces to make up for crappy gear.

There are plenty of bad amps out there. There's really no point in making threads specifically aimed at bashing a particular amp.
Quote by TheQuailman
+1

I've heard of the new ones, but I've not actually heard them. So I'm just going to shut my mouth. I advise all other people who have not tried them to do the same. Seriously, that bandwagon is useful to some extent, but this is getting out of hand now.

EDIT: I also don't see what's wrong about their looks. They look like any other modern Marshall amp to me.

I agree, they could be decent. I think part of the bandwagon is caused by all the people who use MGs for metal. I saw a kid last year playing led zep covers using one and it just sounded like muddy imitation of a cranked tube marshall.

The looks, on the other hand... they have this huge MG logo with like, this splat of God knows what next to it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
the sad fact is that Marshall make more money from manufacturing one of the worst amps ever than they do from making their high quality stuff.
i've got news for all you bandwagoners who are bashing the new MG before you've even heard a demo let alone used one:

I HAVE TRIED THE SMALLER VERSIONS OF THE NEW MGS, AND THEY DIDN'T SUCK

They no longer have those brittle cleans, and the overdrive is warmer and more organic sounding too, it no longer sounds like an army of bees molesting a cat. they aren't shrill and tinny anymore, provided you set the controls right. I have to admit i quite liked it.

They aren't the best thing ever, and are still overpriced, but for a "beginner market" solid state amplifier, it's not bad at all. All i can say is, thank fuck marshall have decided to update this amp and actually make some legitimate improvements. now all that's required is for the haters to GTFO.

Quote by jolly_26
Yup the new MGs are **** but the old DFX series weren't bad. well the 10, 15, 30, 100 and 100 head were but the 50 and 250 were pretty good

I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
[quote="'']I swear, if someone mentiones one more manly word I will have no choice but to buy one

THEY SOUND BRUTAL!

haha you bought an MG now.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone

the new MGs have come out/coming out.

The new MG's have come out of the closet??

OH SHAT!

/retardation.

More on topic, are they as bad as the old MG's (which weren't THAT BAD...)?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
Look,
what is wrong with you lot?

Beginners do not want expensive valve amps, they want a great sounding amp with lots of features with a great price tag!
I admit that they are not valve amps, but who ****ing cares? When you are done with it you can sell it on and buy a valve amp.

With 4 different channels, heaps of effects and a programable footswitch, wouldnt you go for it?

Do you remember your first amp? I bet that didn't sound as good as the MG's

whats the beef?
Last edited by GezzyDiversion at Mar 20, 2009,
^^^
+1

dude has a good point. not everyone has the cash-ish for valve amps.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Where the hell has everyone been??

The do sound a lot better, but it's still not very good.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I'll probably try one, and if it's better put together than the original ones (i.e. doesn't burn on me in the shop) I might look into one as a cheap practice amp because I'd rather have a nice, simple amp which I can hook all my pedals up to for practicing than some fancy, gadget-overloaded modeling amp that I can't even get a decent tone out of. (I'm not just looking at you, Spiders, but also you, oh almighty and hallowed Peavey Vypyr).
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by Jhachey22
^^^
+1

dude has a good point. not everyone has the cash-ish for valve amps.

yeah, but they do have much better quality amps for same price.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!