Im working on getting into both of these genres and want to start listening to some. I want the very best blues and jazz music that has prominent usage of guitars in it. Please list has many artists/bands as you can, thanks.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
ok, ill list a few, mostly obvious ones.

electric blues: buddy guy, luther allison, bb king, muddy waters, johnny winter, sonny boy williamson II(rice miller), HOWLIN' WOLF!!, Hound dog taylor, junior kimbrough, Robert Nighthawk, Elmore James.

acoustic blues: Skip James, Son House, Robert Johnson, Blind Boy Fuller, Robert Johnson, Brownie Mcgee

Jazz: Django Reinhardt, Les Paul, Chet Atkins, Wes Montgomery, Charlie Christian, Pat Metheney

mostly lust listed old boys, theres plenty of good new players too though, just look.
Quote by king_harvest88
ok, ill list a few, mostly obvious ones.

electric blues: buddy guy, luther allison, bb king, muddy waters, johnny winter, sonny boy williamson II(rice miller), HOWLIN' WOLF!!, Hound dog taylor, junior kimbrough, Robert Nighthawk, Elmore James.

acoustic blues: Skip James, Son House, Robert Johnson, Blind Boy Fuller, Robert Johnson, Brownie Mcgee

Jazz: Django Reinhardt, Les Paul, Chet Atkins, Wes Montgomery, Charlie Christian, Pat Metheney

mostly lust listed old boys, theres plenty of good new players too though, just look.

Great list, and add Charley Patton, Blind Willie Johnson and Tommy McClennan to the list of acoustic blues.
Dont forget good old John lee Hooker for acoustic blues and electric, also missispispiipipspipsspi fred mcdowell is an awesome delta blues slide guitarist. Lightnin hopkins played a lot of blues on his electro acoustic, personally i think he did the best version of 'baby please dont go'
Quote by revtfunk
I think you left an "s" out of missispispiipipspipsspi. Isn't it missisSpispiipipspipsspi? LOL

Ah yes i always miss that s
I would have to suggest Clapton, the 3 kings (BB King, Freddie King, and Albert King), Buddy Guy, and Stevie Ray Vaughan

Listen to some John Mayer too

and if you wanna get into the roots of blues listen to Robert Johnson, also Otis Rush from the fifties

i dont know much of jazz but those artists are a good place to get into the blues
dont we have a thread with a big list, correct me if im wrong.
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
Quote by king_harvest88
HOWLIN' WOLF!!,

Tsss,

it's Howlin' Wolf ***AND*** HUBERT SUMLIN.