A guy at my local shop gave me a quote on a new Fender Super Champ XD--$315. I know this is less than retail but what did you or what have you heard these going for. (I also played a Blues Junior which is the best smaller amp I've ever heard. But it out of my price range. And, I can't find one used in my area. )
i haven't played one but it is supposed to be good at playing blues and country and western it also has a british sounding combo and a metal simulation
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-SuperChamp-XD-120V-Guitar-Combo?sku=483075

he took 40 dollars off. It's a nice deal for something new that isn't very expensive.

You could try to get the price a bit lower (at about 330) or some free stuff, like an amp cover or even picks.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Mar 7, 2009,
^He already lowered the price, and your asking for him to go lower and throw more free things in?
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
^He already lowered the price, and your asking for him to go lower and throw more free things in?

I'm asking what have other people paid. And, yes, I'd like to the the best deal I can get.
i paid 279 a few weeks back at GC... this is wen the price was 320 new though :/
At this point I'd just save a bit more for a Blues Jr
Gear
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Super Champ XD
Line 6 Pod XT
Crate GTD15R
Quote by voodoochild78
i paid 279 a few weeks back at GC... this is wen the price was 320 new though :/
At this point I'd just save a bit more for a Blues Jr

This is what I did, but with a 10% off coupon so it was $251.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Well, lets see I bought mine from GC on sale in January for $276 and I took off 10% more with the coupon that they have on-line that you can print out in January and sometimes you can find them elsewhere on-line year round (I think). So I ended up paying $276 out the door after tax and that was a deal even then. Now, just two months later the price is about to go way up at the store so if your on the fence now is the time. If you look a musician's friend (well kinda) you'll see it's way up there at around $350 or more and zZounds is about $330. . . this is important because once the on-line stores start jacking the price it's usually an indication of things to come all over and so soon the price at GC is sure to go up also.

I am so glad I bought this amp. . . I also bought a used Fender 412 cab for it and I couldn't be happier about it. By itself the amp is cool, but it tends to have a bit of a rattle or buzz on low notes, but with a cab it turns into something out of this world for the price. Fender really blew it with this amp; I think it's actually better than the more expensive pro junior and rivals blues jr with a cab. It's just a great amp.
~JP~
It's an ok deal. Troll craigslist for a bit. Blues Jr's come up for $275-300 all the time. Classic 30's are the same way. You won't see one for a few months, then as soon as you buy a SCXD there are 3 in a week, lol. No I like the SCXD. It's a great amp no doubt. But if the Bjr is the best you've played, it's worth waiting for.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
One issue with the SC XC is the speaker is pretty inexpensive, so many people swear by replacing the stock speaker with an Eminence "Ragin' Cajun" speaker. I think they run about 40 bucks. I haven't bothered because I like my tone in my XC fine for a practice amp, but people that make the switch rave about it.
Does anyone know how any mods for the superchamp xd?
All I can be is me, whoever that is - Bob Dylan

GEAR
2009 PRS CUSTOM 24 SE
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Fender Superchamp XD 2009
Any amp can be modded. Start a new thread if you want to know about modding your amp.