I've had a Line 6 Toneport UX2 for a few weeks now and it's worked fine up until yesterday. I set up as I normally would but for some reason the audio playback is skipping, like a scratched CD would. I haven't changed any of the settings on my computer so I don't know what could be causing it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any help is appreciated.
Quote by Brian 1.0
Don't listen to him, he likes rap.

Quote by napalm_monkey
i like to drink washing up liquid, it makes my throat feel fresh and smell like plates.

Quote by thomaserak
kill yourself, that'll show 'em.
I have a UX2 and never had this problem. However, mine has malfunctioned if other applications are open or if your computer was on. Try restarting and getting a trial of Acoustica Mixcraft (if your using Audacity, it kicks its ass).
It's not just when I'm recording that I get the skipping (although it does happen whilst recording) but it's when I'm just jamming with the headphones in.
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey
i like to drink washing up liquid, it makes my throat feel fresh and smell like plates.

Quote by thomaserak
Try restarting your computer while its still plugged in. See if that fixes it.

95% Sure it will
Not sure enough.
I tried restarting my computer and it wouldn't even boot up with the Toneport plugged in. Now it's running slow as ****.
Oh dear.
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey

Quote by thomaserak
Cause I had that issue with my Studio UX2. I just restarted my MacBook and it worked fine. just take the chord out and plug it back in. Its how the box is speaking to the computer cause when mine did it, it made the sounds in the POD Farm, Logic, and GarageBand. I just restarted my computer and it worked fine. Maybe your computer is just pissy today, its that time of the month, its on the cotton pony. Buy it some chocolate and just leave it alone until its done bleeding out its vag.
Hahaha.
Some sound advice there.
I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, different cables etc and still nothing.
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey

Quote by thomaserak
Honestly, if re-starting your computer didn't fix it... Then I'm out of ideas.

Call customer support and bitch and moan. Maybe you'll get something for your trouble?

That's my last suggestion. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

(milk chocolate and tampax and i think that'll help too)
Haha.
Thanks man. I've kinda fixed the problem by putting the buffer slider thingy to the right in settings, but it's made it have a bit of latency. Suppose I'll have to live with it for now.
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey

Quote by thomaserak
What DAW?

How large was your buffer?

Yes you will have latency, it's usb 1.x ...
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)