Page 1 of 3
This is not a thread for promos; I just thought it'd be interesting to see what UG thinks of their bandmates.
My best friends, but getting more controlling as of late.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
love the guys, but outside problems make it a bit complicated, and me and the rhythm guitarist are the only ones that really plan anything
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Lydia: Lead vocalist. A bit airheaded, and she has trouble formulating her own opinions. She often just latches on to the closest opinion and runs with it. However, she's very kind, and always means well.

Ryan: Bass. Very opinionated. He firmly believes that what he says is always correct, what he thinks is always right, and what he likes is the only good in the world. Very set in his ways, he is hard-headed and closed minded. Easily cracked if you agree on something, then subtly change it.

Kyle: Rhythm guitar. Very nice guy. A bit ignorant on guitar, but willing to learn. Good rhythm guitarist. His open-mindedness counterbalances Ryan's lack. Kind of a nerd though; he's great with computers and video games.

Robbie: Drums. I don't know him all that well. They say he used to be a bit of a bad kid, but he's made an amazing turn for the better. He's very nice, but kind of tries to hard to be "cool."
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by manmanster
My best friends, but getting more controlling as of late.

That tends to happen alot. And because they're your friends, it gets kinda hard to just tell them to shut the hell up.....

For me, it's a 3-piece, with me as the bass player, even thought I've only been playing 5 months, our guitarist/vocalist who spends the majority of his time grounded for being stupid, and is generally a douchebag, and our drummer, who never shows up; he's actually been more serious of it recently from what I can tell, but our guitarist can never actually be there, thanks to being grounded.... and it doesn't help he's the stereotypical guitarist, and thinks he's god.... There's a high school band that I think will accept me, so I'm thinking about playing in both, or, if I have to choose, go with the high school band.
Last edited by herby190 at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote by herby190
our drummer, who never shows up;

Drum machines are always on time.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Well...at the moment, my band is

Me (I play guitar and sing) + My pitch shifter pedal (he plays bass, and harmony guitar) + my RC-20 (he plays rhythm) + my drum machine (he plays drums).

So yeah. They do whatever I tell them, but I usually gotta kick em around first. We sound ok. My drummer never goes off time, although my bassist lags occasionally.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
All the guys are like brothers to me, met them in freshman year in high school, been a band since then (I'm a freshman in college now), I really enjoy working with them, very few arguments go on and we're at our strongest point since we began, I couldn't be happier being in a band with those guys right now
You can call me Rob from mxtabs.
Quote by PlayMadness
Drum machines are always on time.

True..... we've been looking into just buying drummers in 12 packs....
my whole band is really awesome. we all work together extremely well.
brock - rhythm guitar, keys, screams - a bit of a redneck, but probably my best friend in the band. writes insane rhythms and key solos
beau - rhythm guitar, sing, scream - the most extrovertial one, really funny and fun to be around
jared - bass - hes really cool, probably the best local bassist ive seen
nathan - drums, singing - probably the most focused one, insane at double bass. has a great singing voice/range. he gets the most done..

yeah, my band is pretty sweet....
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
Quote by Cutlass_253
Well...at the moment, my band is

Me (I play guitar and sing) + My pitch shifter pedal (he plays bass, and harmony guitar) + my RC-20 (he plays rhythm) + my drum machine (he plays drums).

So yeah. They do whatever I tell them, but I usually gotta kick em around first. We sound ok. My drummer never goes off time, although my bassist lags occasionally.

i searched a + 1 button :O
nowhere to be found XD
My band rules:

Trevor(guitar)- awkward, best guitar evar, obnoxious, plays when i don't want him to, brother of taylor

Anthony(guitar, Mr. B)- best friend, he rules at guitar, nice best evar

AJ(bass)- he plays bass. and records stuff

Taylor(vocals)- Cool, short brother of trevor

JJ(volcals)- new to town, in my band now, he screams and does pig noices, mmphhs,

ME(drums)- i rule, but play too much, i don't play with exceitment, but i'm good.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
bass: really cool guy, not the greatest musician in the world, but he's willing to learn

rhythm guitarist: only met him once (this band's pretty new), but he seems like a cool guy, pretty decent rhythm player

electric/acoustic guitarist/singer: another cool guy, becoming a good friend of mine, pretty open minded with music (as all of them are really), again, not the greatest electric guitarist in the world, but he can do really cool stuff on an acoustic. on crit on him, he cant keep time or a "groove" for ****, but thats why we have our drummer

drummer: one of my best friends, really nice guy. a bit closed minded with music, but I'm workin with him on that. pretty good drummer, and a great friend
my band mates are my best friends for sure. although the other guitar player is a little bad with lying and playgurizing lol (sp)
It's all good, but the bassist tries too hard to make things happen. He's a good kid, he just wants to do more than he should. He take parts that are complex enough and tries to make them even harder. He also isn't a good singer but always tries to add harmonies.
The rhythm guitarist is a just a huge stoner who is very unreliable. But we're still managing to get somewhere.
My Bandmates Are All A Bunch Of Cocksuckers
If you see a poor child, don't give a fish, give him a guitar.
Quote by YourMessiah666
my band mates are my best friends for sure. although the other guitar player is a little bad with lying and playgurizing lol (sp)

Sounds like mine; no one believes anything he says anymore, and just gave up in ever trusting him, and I've heard him quote entire music articles and say that's just his opinion, and act like he's never read it (even though he's usually showed me the article before...). He once even uploaded a Nirvana song to Youtube (I think it was Dive) and said it was us.... and I didn't even own a bass at the time...
Quote by StratoWizard
My Bandmates Are All A Bunch Of Cocksuckers

Even with cruise control, you still have to steer.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Our bassist needs to work on staying in a certain key, but other than that he's good. Our drummer (who used to be a huge stoner) needs to practice a little with a metronome since he tends to slow down a little once in a while, but he usually corrects himself.

FloyDZeDit: Oh yeah, and I have a friend who occasionally joins us and plays harmonica.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Last edited by FloyDZeD at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote by herby190
Sounds like mine; no one believes anything he says anymore, and just gave up in ever trusting him, and I've heard him quote entire music articles and say that's just his opinion, and act like he's never read it (even though he's usually showed me the article before...). He once even uploaded a Nirvana song to Youtube (I think it was Dive) and said it was us.... and I didn't even own a bass at the time...

If you're gonna plagiarize a song, it might as well be a good song...
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Quote by PlayMadness
If you're gonna plagiarize a song, it might as well be a good song...

Quote by PlayMadness
Even with cruise control, you still have to steer.

...why would you steer someone who's sucking ****?

Edit: Found it; it was Dive.
Last edited by herby190 at Mar 7, 2009,
So many of you forget that they're probably members here.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by isabiggles

Eh, my guitarist knows I think he's a douchebag.
Quote by isabiggles

None of them own computers. Or have eyes, to even see what I'm typing.

Quote by Zugunruhe

^about me
Me - Guitar and vocals
My best friend - drums, sometimes he growls
not many bass players round these parts
Bassist - Very good musician, can't read music, annoys me by going on how he forgets "all the easy songs" has to play for various projects. I wish he would realise that a song doesn't have to be difficult to play to be good. Motivated.

Drummer - Very good musician, motivated, really good friends with him. Wish he would loosen up his playing a bit and realise that not everything he plays has to be a strict beat, but he's new to that whole kind of math-rock thing.
I own an Orange Amp.
Fuck aye Dai.
We are still practicing, not ready to gig yet. We also still don't have a vocalist, who will also play rhythm guitar.

I am good friends with everybody, but my drummer has never really been friends with my bassist. They don't hate each other, they just don't know each other yet.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I don't have a band but I just know that when I do join one, I will be badly disappointed that none of the other members are cute little Japanese traps.
Vocals - Ross: Has never been heard due to lack of microphone.
Lead guitar - Ross: Doesn't play any complex leads but they sound nice, he's more of a rhythm guitarist.
Rhythm guitar - Ross: Can also play nice sounding leads but they aren't very complex.
Bass - Ross: Actually plays a guitar pitch-shifted down an octave.
Drums - Robot: He's a computer program.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Lead guitar - Ross: Doesn't play any complex leads but they sound nice, he's more of a rhythm guitarist.
Rhythm guitar - Ross: Can also play nice sounding leads but they aren't very complex.

....I'm just gonna take a wild guess here and say that you're Ross?
Quote by UncleCthulhu

At first I was like

then I loled.

Quote by Zugunruhe

^about me
^Your band name is an anomaly. It both blows like a hurricane and sucks like a black hole at the same time. Mysterious.
Quote by jakewynnrocks
my whole band is really awesome. we all work together extremely well.
brock - rhythm guitar, keys, screams - a bit of a redneck, but probably my best friend in the band. writes insane rhythms and key solos
Misty - rhythm guitar, sing, scream - the most extrovertial one, really funny and fun to be around
Tracey - bass - hes really cool, probably the best local bassist ive seen
Pikachu - drums, singing - probably the most focused one, insane at double bass. has a great singing voice/range. he gets the most done..

yeah, my band is pretty sweet....

Dont worry...i fix'd it

My band are great friends of mine, except for the drummer i dont really know him
Theres Chris on lead guitar and vocals. Hes a decent guitarist but hes a better frontman than I could ever be.
Peter on bass, hes the pretty one in the band. Hes a fine bassist but he gets ALL the female attention and a shocking amount of male attention.
Andy on drums, i dont really know this guy because hes only a temp but its hard to talk to him about anything since hes so young. Hes 5 years younger than i am and hes a little weird.
Then theres me, im just as good as our lead Chris but i decided i wanted to do rhythm because its a little more overlooked. I dont wanna be right out there in front but i DID form the band so...

So that just about says everything there is to know about my band other than our name. We're called Black Dwarf and we're all about hard rock mostly because we cant play metal to save our lives!
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Cat (Vocals) - She's loud, fun, rocking, very smart, and opinionated. She thinks she can do anything, and she pretty much can, when she sets her mind on it. She can write great lyrics and has a very good voice. She's trying to work on screaming now (not looking forward to that )

Alex (Lead) - Alex ... Definately has the most mastery of his instrument in the band. He's probably the best guitarist that I know, and he's always getting better too. Makes me look like a joke when he gets going.

Devin (Drums) - Such a great guy. Pretty laid back & fun. He's a great drummer, been taking lessons for years. Open to suggestions about changing/arranging parts.

Daniel (Bass) - Known him for years, and he's been one of my best friends for a long time. He has no music theory going for him, and he mainly just knows songs he's looked off of tabs, but he can definately play fine. So far we've had to write him parts but that's okay.

If any of you guys read this, I love you all
Page 1 of 3