Today i bought strap locks and have just tried to screw them onto my new epiphone les paul which i bought two days ago. One of the strap locks have screwed in no problem at all but the other one does not tighten and can fall out of the hole. How do i fix this problem?!
had this same problem a week ago.

get a toothpick, break it in half, put it in the hole then put ur straplock in and the teeth on the screw will dig into the toothpick and hold it in place
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
stick a wooden tooth pick in the hole, break it so it fits in nicely, and then screw the screw in.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
I have read some horror stories of people dropping les pauls and the head snapping off. Any chance that this toothpick fix could fail on me and destroy the guitar?
Quote by pa182
I have read some horror stories of people dropping les pauls and the head snapping off. Any chance that this toothpick fix could fail on me and destroy the guitar?

i tested it right after by spinning around fast enough so that the guitar was lifted as i spun and it didnt fall out and hasnt yet. try moving the pin to see if its secure if ur that scared

also if u wanna be super careful glue the toothpick in

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
^

use wood glue not superglue, superglues brittle
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
^

use wood glue not superglue, superglues brittle

right. probably shoulda said that lol

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

I have now managed to fix it and it seems to be a good fix so far. Thanks alot for the help but if it fails i will hunt yous down and kill yous