i was researching some amps and speakers lately and i was just wondering what a good blues amp or speaker would be? i currently have a marshall 250 watter. i did find some speakers by celestion that were supposed to be good for blues. the green backs.
whats a marshall 250?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
well if you got that amp, a speaker replacement would do hardly anything.

if your really into blues see if you can trade it for a Fender blues junior somewhere.

then youll be a happy camper.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
What you should do is get a Marshall JTM45 and a Fender Bassman. Load the JTM with Greenbacks.

I bet he means the MG250DFX which is 250 watts at all and is piss poor.

Yep, That's exactly what he has.

Save up for a better amp, and then worry about speakers.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Quote by acdcrocks0323
What you should do is get a Marshall JTM45 and a Fender Bassman. Load the JTM with Greenbacks.

I bet he means the MG250DFX which is 250 watts at all and is piss poor.

HEY ****ER!! MY 250 WATTER IS AMAZING!!
Quote by SG_Player93

I don't think you'll find many people here who agree with you...

I sure don't...
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Amp.
Quote by SG_Player93

GTFO then.

were telling you speakers wont improve your sound much, buy a new amp.
Quote by SG_Player93

Actually it's only 100w IIRC.

Quote by Sampy
I don't think you'll find many people here who agree with you...

I sure don't...

+∞
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Trade it in for a blues deluxe. Put a greenback or a vintage 30 in it, and youre good to go.
Quote by xwearesinking
I hope you're a troll.

Obvious troll is obvious
Quote by SG_Player93

Before you try to convince a forum about how awesome your Marshall is, maybe you should learn that it is not 250 watts. Also if you want to play blues, get a tube amp.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Before you try to convince a forum about how awesome your Marshall is, maybe you should learn that it is not 250 watts. Also if you want to play blues, get a tube amp.

+1
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by SG_Player93

GTFO poser!!!!!!!!
Go home and listen to your crappy ACDC and keep doing your crap renditions of Back in Black on your crappy Marshall MG.
Did.... some one.... not see.. that giant picture up there that I posted?

And bulletrocks don't call AC/DC crappy. I could say the same thing about your BR00TALLZ!!111 METUHL!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 so don't bring that into his bad taste of amps.

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Did.... some one.... not see.. that giant picture up there that I posted?

And bulletrocks don't call AC/DC crappy. I could say the same thing about your BR00TALLZ!!111 METUHL!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 so don't bring that into his bad taste of amps.

Added to the fact that he is in 7th grade and has a Mark III and thinks it is the worst thing that he can't use it at his 7th grade talent show.
Hahahahahahaha. lol @ people getting offended.

Where does AC/DC fit in with blues?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
^it fits in with beginner guitar player Marshall fan boys who think they have to have a Marshall to have a real amp. And don't understand that even though an MG is a Marshall, it sucks.

I like how we took this noob's thread and started pissing all over each other over ACDC.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
^it fits in with beginner guitar player Marshall fan boys who think they have to have a Marshall to have a real amp. And don't understand that even though an MG is a Marshall, it sucks.

Well, an MG is a real amp. To be honest, I haven't seen too many imaginary amps around lately.

Being uninformed does not equal stupidity.

Assuming this guy isn't actually a troll, people are allowed to like their MG's.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by Mitchell?
I like how we took this noob's thread and started pissing all over each other over ACDC.

Since it's an AC/DC thread, I saw them back on the "for those about to rock" tour up close. That was awesome.

Jensens. There, still relative to the OP.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by xwearesinking
Well, an MG is a real amp. To be honest, I haven't seen too many imaginary amps around lately.

Being uninformed does not equal stupidity.

Assuming this guy isn't actually a troll, people are allowed to like their MG's.

I didn't call them stupid. But they are sort of ignorant. Not that they can know, you're right. They don't know much about guitars or amps and all their favorite guitarists use Gibsons and Marshalls. And you know "real amp" was an expression ! OK, they think that if it's not a Marshall it's not good. Better?

Quote by xwearesinking

Where does AC/DC fit in with blues?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpoY_Bs8Wy4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW2heKjzjIA

Quote by acdcrocks0323
Added to the fact that he is in 7th grade and has a Mark III and thinks it is the worst thing that he can't use it at his 7th grade talent show.

Okay, okay enough flaming me. ACDC is actually pretty good, just WAAAAY overrated and its annoying how kids wear an ACDC shirt and havent heard one song besides Highway to Hell.
Lol we enjoy flaming you. That's why you should never let people know your age on UG because if you do, you won't be taken seriously.

But yeah I know the type. It fits in with my "Only Marshall Will Do!" Beginner guitar player.

EDIT: imgooley! You posted The Jack! I love that song!!

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote by bulletrocks522
Okay, okay enough flaming me. ACDC is actually pretty good, just WAAAAY overrated and its annoying how kids wear an ACDC shirt and havent heard one song besides Highway to Hell.

Agreed. I never take people seriously with band shirts on like that unless they can name at least one obscure song. I'm not even a huge ACDC fan, despite my very old username.