I was wondering if I put my bass an octave up through my harmoniser and plugged just the octave up part into the guitar amp would it break the amplifier as the frequencies would be in the correct range. I know it will probably sound horrible but can it be done?
only try if your using an amp you got for free...cause if it works, great. if not, your out an amp.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
err... why do you want to do this?
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
So you are saying that even with all of the sound from the bass replaced with an octave higher sound it will still **** up my amp?
Quote by Flieboy101
So you are saying that even with all of the sound from the bass replaced with an octave higher sound it will still **** up my amp?

Everyone's saying it's best not to risk it. A bass doesn't just sound like a guitar an octave down, it has a much wider range of overtones and it's kind of hard to predict what harmonic frequencies would be hit by a bass transcribed an octave up. (it's actually probably easy to predict, but we don't know how).

I personally think you'll be fine, but refuse to take any responsibiltiy for your amp obviously combine it with a high pass filter that cuts all the frequencies below a certain range and you'll be safe for sure.
Turns out there will be another bass amp available so I will use that for the whoel stereo thing.
try it. come back after results
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.